Complaint Review: JR Media Services

• Updated: Fri, August 03, 2012

• Reported By: Erin — Vancouver Washington United States of America
JR Media Services
2501 W. Burbank Blvd., Suite 200 Burbank, California United States of America

JR Media Services Max Beno Refused to pay on time according to their own "net 30" policy. Burbank, California

*Author of original report: Payment Received

Simple enough: Max Beno and JR Media Services tell vendors that they pay according to a "net 30" policy. However, in the nearly one year that I have been doing subcontractor work for this company, I have been paid on an invoice within 30 days very, very rarely. At the moment, I have 11 invoices past due, most of which are 40+ days late. They total $2,529.10 of the $3,963.10 that the company currently owes me. I have no reason to believe any of it will be paid on time.

When confronted with these issues, JR Media Services, and particularly Max Beno, have a number of tactics. First, it was illuminating me on "net 30" policy (because I had expected immediate payment). Then, when payments didn't arrive within the promised 30 days, or anywhere near it, and I complained about it, Beno contacted me via phone and proceeded to condescend to me.

I was informed that I obviously don't understand what it means to be an independent contractor, and that it was "ridiculous" that I would assume any payment would actually be in my hands on day 30. I encourage Beno to actually look up any net 30 policy and find that he's completely wrong about this claim. The third tactic, and the one I'm dealing with now, is to just ignore the one complaining.

Legal action is my next step, but I want everyone to know that when you are considering working for JR Media Services and you Google it and  find that the first results are from this site and another that claims essentially the same thing, you should not ignore those red flags as I did. This company is horribly run; I have not encountered one competent person there, and I fully expect that it will take legal action for me to get any of my remaining payments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2012 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JR-Media-Services/Burbank-California-/JR-Media-Services-Max-Beno-Refused-to-pay-on-time-according-to-their-own-net-30-policy-898863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JR Media Services

Payment Received

AUTHOR: Anon - (United States of America)

After being ignored for days, then begging for a few more, I was finally able to convince the company to FedEx me what they had been negligent in paying. They sent the check, which included invoices that were roughly 60 days old at that point, but offered no apology or explanation for the situation.