Complaint Review: JRK Property Holdings

• Submitted: Wed, January 02, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: BARIO — Dallas Texas United States of America
JRK Property Holdings
11766 Wilshire Boulevard 15th Floor Los Angeles, California United States of America

JRK Property Holdings ARE SLUMLORDS WITH ABUSIVE STAFF, APARTMENTS W/ROACHES, AND EXHORBITANT FEES! Los Angeles, California

I live in Oak Run Apartments, located at 5801 Preston Oaks Road, in Dallas, TX. I am drowning in Roaches here. The roaches are everywhere. They travel through the walls. From apartment to apartment. There are holes in the apartment all around in the walls and around the pipes. My neighbors are also complaining about the roaches. I have complained to office staff and they have been nonresponsive and rude. I have been hung up on.

Because of New Years eve falling on the first my pay was delayed by one day and I was told I would be charged $75 dollars for that one day late fee by the office. These people never work with anyone and I don't care what anyone says Apartment communities in Texas exploit the late fees. It makes no sense someone on a one bedroom should be paying twice the amount for a late fee as someone in a $500,000 dollar house. The Texas Legislature has allowed these people to do just that. [continued below]....
..... Exploit folks.

Get this.. The law says a late fee cannot be so much that it imposes a "penalty" on someone or a punishment of any kind and is only to reimburse apartments for monies lost. However, the Republican legislators have left an opening, a loophole if you will, where the apartments don't have to "prove" what costs they incurred. They can just place an exhorbitant late fee and it will stick. Not only that but in addition to that late fee of $75 dollars on the first day late you are charged an additional $15 dollars per day late.

I fully understand it was in the lease, but think about it. Folks put predatory and illegal clauses in contracts and leases all the time and they get struck down when they go to court. It doesn't matter the person "Signed" the contract or not. Just ask Chase Bank, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch or any other company who has been sued repeatedly for defrauding folks and doing illegal acts.

Also, the office staff is rude. I just don't understand why someone who has paid their rent on time since they have lived here and not caused any problems cannot have that fee waived one day because their paycheck was held up by a Federal Holiday. I have called the office but the staff now simply hangs up on me. That includes the assistant manager. They both hang up over and over again.

I am paying rent here and the lease I should be able to do is air grievances. I called the Property management in California, JRK Leasing, and they are equally as AWFUL. These people are nothing but d**n SLUMLORDS. Nothing more or less. Besides the roaches the d**n pool stays FILTHY.

I want out of my lease. We can come to an amicable agreement. I can't stand being treated so poorly and I certainly can't stand someone being GREEDY and refusing to understand that an employee drawing from the state whose pay gets held up one day should have a $75 dollar one day late fee waived. It's too much anyway.

Called JRK and spoke to Julia who was answering the phones and she was equally AWFUL.

I suggest to stay away from any property that JRK Property Holdings manages and stay away from Oak Run Apartments! I found out this apartment is not even competitve on the rent with other apartments right across the street being at least $100.00 CHEAPER.

I understand policies but I don't understand someone trying to exploit every little thing they can to bilk a person out of much needed funds. These people are CROOKS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JRK-Property-Holdings/Los-Angeles-California-90025/JRK-Property-Holdings-ARE-SLUMLORDS-WITH-ABUSIVE-STAFF-APARTMENTS-WROACHES-AND-EXHORBI-990035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JRK Property Holdings