Complaint Review: JST Merchant Services

• Submitted: Mon, October 15, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: wnwinc — Slidell Louisiana United States of America
JST Merchant Services
5727 N 7th St Suite 400 Phoenix, AZ PhoenixInternet, Arizona United States of America

JST Merchant Services Refuse to refund a senior citizen with memory problems Phoenix Internet, Arizona

My mother was contacted by JST Merchant Services in September for a work-at-home opportunity. They mailed her a CD to start her business and charged her credit card $5,000 (ballpark). My mother did not even own a computer. She lives on Social Security and has health problems including early stages of dementia and take Lortab for neuropathy pain. When she called to cancel their "contract" (which she does not remember signing), they convinced her to purchase two additional CDs and a Mr. Crawford threatened to "come after" her if she backed out. I called Leann on October 12 and explained my mother's health problems. She advised me to get a power-of-attorney, which I did, and we would resolve this issue. I faxed the power-of-attorney to the company. When I phoned to discuss this again on October 15, I was told the company would contact me in the future as my power of attorney was dated on that day. Betty Marshall stated the company was unable to process a refund as my mother had already received their services. What is my mother to do with the CDs? Use them as coasters?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JST-Merchant-Services/PhoenixInternet-Arizona-/JST-Merchant-Services-Refuse-to-refund-a-senior-citizen-with-memory-problems-Phoenix-Inte-955464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JST Merchant Services