Complaint Review: JT-Hotshotting

• Submitted: Sat, May 21, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, April 04, 2012

• Reported By: Manix101 — ottawa Ontario Canada
JT-Hotshotting
170-4631 shell road British columbia, District of Columbia United States of America

JT-Hotshotting Harley Anfinson they had me move a trailler from kingston to frederickton and never paid also left me to fend for my self on the way back home from frederickton British columbia, District of Columbia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Harley & JT Hotshotting always Pay

*Consumer Comment: Harley is a weasel

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mr. Alger is a Liar Too

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mr. Alger is a Liar Too

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Don't work for Harley!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: David is a Liar and extortionist

*Author of original report: Not All That True

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: JT Hotshotting

This company is very shifty and always change there story when it comes time to paying bills they used me and never finished paying me and they will do the same to you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2011 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JT-Hotshotting/British-columbia-District-of-Columbia-v6x3m4/JT-Hotshotting-Harley-Anfinson-they-had-me-move-a-trailler-from-kingston-to-frederickton-a-731686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JT-Hotshotting

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Harley & JT Hotshotting always Pay

AUTHOR: Pissed & Mad - (United States of America)

I have worked with JT Hotshotting for 5 years and have always been paid. I have even been paid more than the job paid when it went sideways due to no fault of the customer. I have found that when people want things hauled for little or nothing, they always try get out of paying. Other people who have worked for JT Hotshotting will say the same and I have even got some of my family members to work for JT and they still are.

Harley is a weasel

AUTHOR: aquatenance - (Canada)

I've known Harley for many years this is common practice for him. He almost went out of business this winter. If he doesn't clear up old debts from peeved customers or employees the classified ads on kijiji and everywhere else will increase. Like I've said I have known Harley and his son for years most people know he's a little slow but this does not give him a reason to take advantage of people.  His son is not likley to stay in business with him from embarrasment in Harley's business dealings and Harley's gay friends.He should keep his private life private. When speaking to Harley just talk slow and he will understand most of what you're saying. Some people hurting in business will do almost anything to stay afloat.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mr. Alger is a Liar Too

AUTHOR: JT - (Canada)

Mr Alger received $800.00 by way of email transfer prior to leaving, his demand, which is on my bank statement. The copy of the cheque with Balance Redding California run is here to see.

The shipment was misrepresented to us. Mr. Alger received the full $1,600.00 he agreed to do this job for. He even found another paying job back from California.

The other job, Mr. Alger was told upfront, he would get paid when we got paid which we did. We paid him when we got paid for which we also will have the cashed cheque & date payment received from our client present in court . There was no evading on our part.

As you see he can make up lies, but this time he has slandered and libeled us and a court can determine what damages will be assessed.

You can't believe everything you read on the internet or hear. Mr. Algers partner, Paul told one of my drivers that we had gone into the base in Comox and taken everyone's business cards and left only ours there.

The Captain there has apologized to myself for Paul from Pauls hauling.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mr. Alger is a Liar Too

AUTHOR: JT - (Canada)

The Captain there has apologized to myself for Paul from Pauls hauling.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Don't work for Harley!

AUTHOR: Honest Hauler - (Canada)

I have also hauled on contract for Harley Anfinson (Jts Hotshotting) but I will never do so again.  I am an experienced hauler and knew the business when I agreed to subcontract to Harley for a single job. It was a headache and a mess from start to finish. The first load was misrepresented  and impossible for me to complete. An alternate load was offered but after 3 days of waiting away from home,  it never materialized. I was able to salvage a partial trip on a load that I found on my own. At least Harley did provide some compensation for the wasted time and miles, but it was still a messed up trip from start to finish.

On another occasion, I helped him out of a jam by picking up a trailer that his driver had missed the pick up date. I did it mostly as a favour and did not especially want the trip. Well, it seems no good deed goes unpunished. I submitted my invoice, which was for a reasonable rate and agreed upon ahead of time. And then I waited, and waited, and waited. After about 3 weeks, I started emailing and calling. All I got was the run around. And lies too. I was consistently told he was away from the office out of town, when I knew, first hand, this was not true. The excuses were not very imaginative; "The cheque is in the mail" etc. I'm not making this up!

After dozens of emails, phone calls and about 3 months with  all sorts of excuses, he finally paid me. I would not haul for him again in a million years. In almost 4 years in this business, he was the only "client" that ever has tried to stiff me. Never again, Harley!

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

David is a Liar and extortionist

AUTHOR: Peed Off - (United States of America)

Why do I have the transfer receipt and the credit card charges to prove my side and he has nothing? He even told my son that next time he would not spend the 50% deposit before he left and would keep it to complete the job. Some people will be losers their entire life when they conduct themselves like this. Every company has one or 2 customers that no matter what you do will be unhappy. We have 27 owner/ops across Canada and the US as well as our own drivers. Everyone of them will attest to how we always pay them what is agreed upon and in some cases where the job is harder than initially presented, receive more compensation than originally agreed upon.

Not All That True

AUTHOR: Manix101 - (Canada)

The boss of this company did pay Half as i picked up the trailler, but  the other half of the payment was never received as i droped of the trailler.

Had to spent my own moneys on the trip to drop of trailler was told the 2nd payment would be transfered into account when trailler was droped off, after 3 hours of being stuck in a town i was never in far away from home i got a little scared both of where i was and if transfer of moneys was even gonna happen, so i only asked that the boss of the company to use his credit card to but gas in my truck to get home seeing how after 4 hours now he still did not transfer the money for completing the job and i was hours from home.

I have the invoices i wrote and all transfers of money received from this company minus the gas he put on his credit card and the final result is this company still owes me money

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

JT Hotshotting

AUTHOR: JT - (Canada)

David was paid 50% of the money up front. He could not even make the delivery as he claimed he had used all the 50% for fuel due to the trailer being too heavy.

We had to call each gas station to give a credit card # so he could purchase gas, food & drinks to complete delivery and return home.

I have copies of the 50% email transfer to his account and the charges to the credit card too prove David received all monies promised to him.

He is just trying to get more than he is due as he threatened our company he would do this if we didn't pay him more than originally agreed to by email.