Complaint Review: JUST BRAKES #79

• Submitted: Fri, June 29, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, June 30, 2007

• Reported By:PHOENIX Arizona
JUST BRAKES #79
4381 W. BELL RD. PHOENIX, Arizona U.S.A.

JUST BRAKES #79 INSTALLED A TIRE ROD INCORRECTLY ON MY CAR...NOT IT'S OUT OF ALIGNMENT PHOENIX Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: Ken, the name says it all! "Just Brakes", Not "Just Brakes...and the occasional tie rod"!

*Consumer Comment: You need an alignment

I BROUGHT MY V.W. IN FOR BRAKES...THEY SAID I NEEDED A TIRE ROD ON THE FRONT END...I AGREED TO HAVE IT DONE, AND WHEN I LEFT THERE MY STEERING WHEEL WAS CROOKED AND NOW IT PULLS TO ONE SIDE . I CALLED MATT AT THE SHOP, AND HE SAID NOW YOU HAVE TO GET AN ALIGNMENT..I ASKED WHY HE DIDN'T TELL ME THIS BEFORE DOING THE WORK...I JUST HAD AN ALIGNMENT DONE 3 MONTHS AGO, AND DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO GET IT DONE AGAIN....I FEEL THE TIRE ROD IS INSTALLED INCORRECTLY, BECAUSE THE WHEEL AND VIBRATION I GET SHOULD NOT BE THERE.

MATT TOLD ME THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO FOR THE CAR AND SAID TO TAKE IT TO FIRESTONE AUTO REPAIR AND GET IT FIXED....THIS LOOKS LIKE A STORY FOR MY ATTORNEY...I WILL NEVER USE OR RECCOMEND THEM TO ANYONE ELSE....

Ken
PHOENIX, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2007 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JUST-BRAKES-79/PHOENIX-Arizona-85308/JUST-BRAKES-79-INSTALLED-A-TIRE-ROD-INCORRECTLY-ON-MY-CARNOT-ITS-OUT-OF-ALIGNMENT-PHO-257666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JUST BRAKES #79

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Ken,

First of all, it is a TIE ROD, not a TIRE ROD.

And, I have never seen an alignment rack at any Just Brakes location that I have visited.

The only thing I have ever trusted them to do was turn rotors and drums for me that I carried in. I would never let them actually touch my car.

This just proves that they are morons at Just Brakes. I can change a TIE ROD in the driveway and not affect the steering like that!

All you have to do is count the threads on everything BEFORE taking it apart, then put it back together right back to the same thread it was at. It is a very simple task that a monkey can do. I guess they are short on qualified monkeys at just brakes.

I hope you paid with a credit card! DISPUTE the charge!

And, file complaints with every consumer protection office available to you. And, write a letter to the corporate office.

You need an alignment

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

When the tie rod was replaced, the "toe" setting was changed. This means you need to have it reset. The labor for the toe adjustment is actually included in the tie rod replacement labor. Have them either pay for the alignment, or reimburse you for the cost of the toe adjustment portion of the labor.