• Report: #581978

• Updated: Wed, March 17, 2010

• Reported By: txldy — lewisville Texas United States of America
JUST BRAKES
East Colfax Ave Denver, Colorado United States of America

JUST BRAKES Stay away from these thieves! Totally gave me bogus information regarding brake repairs that turned out to be unecessary. I learned the hard way! If you value your safety, keep driving past these cro Denver, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Typical

Here is an example of their expertise.  After taking my SUV into Just Brakes for brake pad replacement, a mechanic came to me and advised that my front axle was sticking out to far on the right front of my truck..???? What? Yes, he advised that I leave my vehicle there and he would repair it for $200. My center hub cap was sticking out about a half inch to to a lug nut that had been put on by the last mechanic who had rotated my tires. The fix involved a $1.19 lug replacement.  This was the most insane thing that any so called mechanic had ever said to me and one of the most insulting. He obviously thought "this female is a total dunce and will buy into my crap".  My regular mechanic laughed and whole heartedly advised that I NEVER, EVER go near that business again and informed me of their reputation as crooks nation wide. I agree and want to pass this on to the general public.  If you value your vehicle and safety, avoid them at all cost.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2010 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JUST-BRAKES/Denver-Colorado-/JUST-BRAKES-Stay-away-from-these-thieves-Totally-gave-me-bogus-information-regarding-bra-581978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JUST BRAKES

Typical

AUTHOR: Amazed - (United States of America)

I can tell you that you are not the only one that Just Brakes tried to ripoff. Back in 2000 I took my 12 year old F-150 there when it had 250,000 miles. They claimed it needed a whole new system: Rotors, master cylinder, drums as well as all the normal stuff. They told me because of the age and miles it had to be done at a cost of about $900.00. I declined and found out that the "free" inspection is only "free" if they do the work so I paid the $100.00 and found a local mechanic from my church who repaired them for $350.00. I tell everyone I know not to go there.