Complaint Review: JUST BRAKES

• Updated: Mon, December 11, 2006

• Reported By:VENICE Florida
JUST BRAKES
OSPREY, Florida U.S.A.

JUST BRAKES 99.00 DOLLAR BRAKE JOB (AVOID) JUST A BAD JOKE ripoff OSPREY FLORIDA

JUST BRAKES

I WRITE THIS LETTER AS A CUSTOMER WHOM WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH YOUR COMPANY!

RECENTLY I HAD BRAKE PADS THAT WERE WORN OUT ON MY 1996 BUICK ROAD MASTER (ONE SIDE HAS SCORED THE ROTOR SUCH THAT IT NEEDED TO BE REPLACED! I CONTACTED JUST BRAKES THEY INFORMED ME THAT THEY HAD A SERVICE WHICH WAS 99.99 FOR 4 WHEEL BRAKE REPLACEMENT AND ROTOR SURFACING! (I EXPLAINED THAT I ONLY NEEDED THE FRONT BRAKES REPLACED AND THE ROTORS SURFACED ) THEY SAID THEY WOULD DISCOUNT THE BILL 10.00 FOR NOT NEEDING THE BACK BRAKES.

I TOLD THEM A ROTOR WOULD NEED TO BE REPLACED THEY SAID THERE ROTORS WERE 155.00. (I QUESTIONED HIM AS THE LOCAL PARTS STORE SOLD 2 FOR THAT CAR ONE FOR 37.00 AND ONE FOR 49.99 WITH A LIFE TIME GUARANTEE? HE SAID THAT IS WHAT JUST BRAKES COST! (THAT IS OVER 3 TIMES WHAT I CAN BUY THEM AT (FULL RETAIL FOR)!

SO I TOLD HIM I WOULD PICK UP THE ROTOR MY SELF TO SAVE 105.00! (I ASKED HIM IF THE CALIPERS NEED REPLACED HOW MUCH THAT WOULD BE (HE SAID THEY REBUILD THE CALIPERS FOR 150.00) WHEN I CHECKED WITH THE PARTS STORE THEY HAD CALIPERS IN THE BOX READY TO BE INSTALLED FOR THAT CAR FOR 13.00 WITH CORE RETURN ! SO WHILE I WAS THERE I PURCHASED 2 CALIPERS THAT WERE RETURNABLE IF I DID NOT NEED THEM!

WHEN I GOT TO JUST BRAKES I TOLD HIM I NEEDED THE FRONT BRAKE PADS INSTALLED AND THE ROTOR WAS IN THE TRUNK ( HE SAID THE BREAK PADS THEY PUT ON CARRY A LIFE TIME GUARANTEE. I TOLD HIM THEY HAD TOLD ME 99.99 LESS THE 10 DOLLARS FOR THE BACK BRAKES THEY WERE NOT TO DO ANY THING WITH. HE SAID THAT IS CORRECT THEY NEED TO INSPECT THE BRAKES!! I SAID OK THEY GET THE PADS OFF AND FIND EXACTLY WHAT I HAD TOLD THEM THE PADS NEED TO BE REPLACED! AND THE ROTORS WERE TO BE TURNED! ABOUT 15 MINUTES LATER I'M TOLD TO COME OUT TO THE CAR!

WHERE THEY SAY WHEN YOU REPLACE A ROTOR THE WHEEL BEARINGS ALWAYS NEED REPLACED AS THEY WILL NOT MATE TO THE NEW ROTOR AND WILL TURN INTO POWDER! (I SAID YOU ARE UNSUNG THE SAME WHEEL BEARINGS ON THE OTHER WHEEL)? AND I HAVE DONE MANY BRAKE JOBS AND HAVE REPLACE ROTORS AND NEVER REPLACE THE WHEEL BEARINGS, UNLESS THEY WERE WORN OR NOISY?

ANY HOW I SAID HOW MUCH! THEY LOOKED IT UP AND THE BEARINGS WERE 25.00 EACH !! (50.00)!! I THOUGHT THAT WAS A BIT MUCH! AS I HAVE BOUGHT WHEEL BEARINGS ON OTHER OCCASIONS AND NEVER EVER PAID REMOTELY ANY THING LIKES THAT! THEN I WAS TOLD THAT THE CALIPERS WERE STICKY AND NEEDED TO BE REPLACED (I SAID FINE IT THEY NEED TO REPLACE THE CALIPERS THEY ARE IN THE TRUNK . ( I REALIZE THERE IS (1) HOSE FITTING AND THE COST TO UN SCREW AND SCREW IN TO THE NEW CALIPER IS NOT INVOLVED NOR SHOULD COST MUCH ? (HE TOTALS UP THE BILL !!! FROM 89.99 IT NOW IS UP TO 90 + 50 FOR BEARINGS + 60 TO SCREW IN THE 2 LITTLE FITTINGS AND A PUMP ON THE BRAKES + MY PARTS (OVER 300.00)!! TO HAVE PADS INSTALLED!!
I TELL THEM NO WAY PUT IT BACK TOGETHER!

I CALL THE PARTS STORE THE BEARINGS I WAS TOLD WERE IN STOCK AND WERE 5.25 EACH!! 11.00 FOR THE PAIR NOT 50.00! THE ROTOR WAS 49.99 NOT 150.00 THE CALIPERS WERE 26.00 FOR THE PAIR (NOT 150 TO REBUILD MY OLD ONES)!

I TALKED TO THE PARTS STORE THEY CONFIRMED MY THOUGHTS!
I WAS TOLD THE BEARINGS DID NOT HAVE TO BE REPLACED AND DID NOT MATE TO THE ROTORS AND NEEDED TO BE REPLACED ONLY IF THEY WERE WORN!

I TOOK MY CAR TO A LOCAL REPAIR SHOP WHO WORKS ON ALL ASPECTS OF CARS (DOES NOT SPECIALIZE IN JUST BRAKES)!! THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 30 YEARS! (I WAS DRAWN TO YOU BUSINESS AS ALL YOU DO IS BRAKES) AND OFFERED A REASONABLY PRICED REPAIR (I ASSUMED YOU COULD DO BASED ON THE VOLUME OF WORK YOU DO) (I AM ENCLOSING THE RECEIPT) THEY INSTALLED LIFE TIME GUARANTEE PADS. 125.00 (TOTAL)! (THEY SAID THE WHEEL BEARINGS WERE FINE ( REPACKED THEM) THEY SAID THE CALIPERS WERE FINE (ROAD TESTED THE CAR) AND I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS WITH THE WORK OR THE REPAIR!

I AM SENDING A COPY OF THIS TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

IT IS A SAD STATEMENT WHEN YOU CHARGE THE CUSTOMER (OVER 300%) MORE FOR PARTS AND TELL THEM PARTS NEED TO BE REPLACED THAT IN FACT DO NOT HAVE TO BE)! I WASTED AN AFTERNOON OF MY TIME AT YOUR BUSINESS AND WILL NEVER AT ANY PONT BE BACK (I HAVE 4 CARS) AND NEED WORK DONE REGULARLY. I'M GLAD IT WAS MY FIRST EXPERIENCE AND THE LAST EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR COMPANY!

THIS BAIT AND BUILD THE PRICE UP POLICY (AS YOU TAKE AN EXPLORATORY THROUGH MY WALLET AND PATIENCE) (I WOULD BE VERY VERY INTERESTED IN SEEING JUST HOW MANY 99.00 DOLLAR (4 WHEEL BRAKE JOBS LEAVE YOUR SHOPS AT THE ADVERTISED PRICE)!! I TALKED TO ONE OF THE WORKERS THERE AND HE SHOOK HIS HEAD IN AGREEMENT!! WHEN I QUESTIONED 50.00 FOR 2 WHEEL BEARINGS!! (YOU PEOPLE ARE SAD)!!

Jeff
VENICE, Florida

STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2006 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JUST-BRAKES/OSPREY-Florida/JUST-BRAKES-9900-DOLLAR-BRAKE-JOB-AVOID-JUST-A-BAD-JOKE-ripoff-OSPREY-FLORIDA-224829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JUST BRAKES