Complaint Review: JUST BREAKS

• Updated: Fri, April 26, 2013

• Reported By: skilled — HOUSTON Texas
8700 RICHMOND AVE houston, Texas United States of America

JUST BREAKS LOC #86 STAY AWAY houston, Texas

I walked in because my breaks were making a sound. As soon as I walked in this guy "Tony" maked me an invoice for $99 to change my breaks, wihtout even seing my car that i parked outside the office, he said thay will fic the proble.

1 hour later they come with a $800 estimate and needing 4 hours to finish the job. I didnt had the money or the time to do that in that moment, so I said no.. Then they said :oh well, you really dont need all that", they cross baout 3 services in the invoice and lower it to $500.. really?? If i didnt need them, why were you trying to sell me those services?? anyway, i still said no, the guy said no problem, we'll just give you your car back and you can come back another day.

20 minutes later comes "tony" again, and said I signed that i was going to pay the $99 when i walked in.. i tried to ague that i signed that becuase they told me that would fix the problem, without them even cheking my car fist, he said "you signed, you pay".. there was a cooporate meeting at that time there, i tried to speak with one of the managers "Jasson Bennet", he was no help and told me "sorry, is company policy".. neither any of the other many managers walking around helped me.. So i had to go to work and i was afraid they were just not going to put my car back together, so I said fine.. after 2 1/2 hours they changed my break pads (and the place was empty, i was the only customer).

Theni tried to get the names of the people I spoke with, mission impossible!! 10 guys in there, no body wanted to give me the names.. I had to go an interrump their meeting 2 times, until i got t2 he names "tony R and Jason Bennet", who know if those are their real names.

The previous year i spent almost $1000 at just breaks on my previous car.. now im never comming back.
1. Why do they an stimate for things customers dont need?
2. Arent managers supposed to help the customer?
3. Is it another shady policy no to give the employees names?
4. Why is theit policy to compromise customer with repairs when they havent inspected the vehicle first?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2013 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JUST-BREAKS/houston-Texas-77063/JUST-BREAKS-LOC-86-STAY-AWAY-houston-Texas-1046485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JUST BREAKS