• Report: #1041923

• Updated: Tue, April 09, 2013

• Reported By: melissa12 — marietta Georgia
JUST FITNESS
sandy springs ga sandy springs, Georgia United States of America

JUST FITNESS Just fitness scammed me into signing a contract, and charged my account months after cancelling. Dont go there! sandy springs, Georgia

signed up for a membership at Just Fitness at the location in Sandy Springs, GA. When i first went to visit I let the manager (Dutch) know that I only needed a short term membership and no contracts. He told me that it would only be 19.99 a month THATS IT and that I could leave whenever I wanted with NO PENALTIES! I gave him my credit card and I signed a little box on a computer screen that ONLY SAID you will be paying 19.99 a month.  They called me initially saying I would have a free workout session for an hour, I went and filled out forms for 20 minutes then we started working out and it lasted maybe all of 20  minutes before he gave me all these options of plans to pay for a personal trainer, which I did not do. Well a couple of months later I moved and let them know that I needed to cancel my membership over the phone, which they said was fine. Later on I noticed charges on my account and they told me I actually had to come in to sign a cancellation form, I came back and signed the form, they told me I had to pay my last months payment because it took 30 days to cancel my membership (which I said was fine) then later I noticed a charge on my account for an Enhancement Fee??? To pay for the cleaning of the gym. This was not clear to me when I signed up or I would have never agreed to come to the gym in the first place. So on the little electronic box I orginally signed apparently they email you a form that has your signature on the enhancement fee, but IT WASNT THERE WHEN I SIGNED! I went back to see the manager Dutch and the whole office was rude and he would not even give me the customer service line to call and complain. I found the customer service number and called and they were beyond RUDE, no customer service AT ALL! Even when you call the number it has it on the digital recording about complaints about the fees, so clearly they do this to everyone. So now almost 4 months later after everything I am getting letters and calls saying I owe over $100 for other fees that they added on. Spoke to several people and they all say there is nothing they can do for me, so its pay or it hits my credit report. After reading online I realize this was an awful idea and I should have never walked in this place!! They try and sell you with the $10 and $20 a month with "no contract" when its all a big scam and I ended up paying a years membership for a gym I went to probably 5 times. This is the worst experience ever and I feel so mislead in everything. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2013 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JUST-FITNESS/sandy-springs-Georgia-30339/JUST-FITNESS-Just-fitness-scammed-me-into-signing-a-contract-and-charged-my-account-mont-1041923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JUST FITNESS