Complaint Review: JUSTOURKIDS.COM - KIDS.COM

• Submitted: Tue, August 05, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 05, 2008

• Reported By:Bay Shore New York
JUSTOURKIDS.COM - KIDS.COM
justourkids.com Lynbrook, New York U.S.A.

JUSTOURKIDS.COM (KIDS.COM) what a big rip off, took our money and then closed with no warning! Lynbrook New York

I was contacted by kids.com several times in 2004 and 2005 by mail. Their letters stated that they were interested in my daughter, that she was a great candidate for modeling. In July 2005, upon calling their office, I was given an appointment for their Lynbrook NY office and told to bring in pictures of both of my children. I was promised the world if "I stuck with it" and paid them over $800 to represent my two children. I was financially tight at the time and was given a payment plan. (The money was taken directly from my bank card.) I made my three monthly payments, went for two or three photo sessions (which I paid sitting fees) and never heard from them again. When I went to check that my childrens photos were updates on their website it was no longer there, the phone was disconnected. If anyone starts any kind of class action suit I would appreciate being contacted. This was a lot of money for me but I wanted to give my children every opportunity. Did I mention that when my third and final payment wouldnt clear because they tried to put it through three days early they called me and wanted to know when they would get their payment? I should have known then but I guess I was just a naive new parent.

Christina d.
Bay Shore, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2008 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JUSTOURKIDSCOM-KIDSCOM/Lynbrook-New-York/JUSTOURKIDSCOM-KIDSCOM-what-a-big-rip-off-took-our-money-and-then-closed-with-no-warn-359682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JUSTOURKIDS.COM - KIDS.COM