Complaint Review: JVC USA

• Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By: Bob — Walnutport Pennsylvania United States of America
JVC USA

JVC USA JVC terrible customer service! Internet

I wanted to thank JVC USA for the awesome talent you have on your tech helpline. I am so glad I called to ask if, and how, the lens in front of the bulb on my 62" JVC HD-ILA could be cleaned. I replaced the bulb & noticed the lens in front of it looked pretty dirty, even though the TV worked & looked great at that time. It can always look better, right? So I called your tech line & was told to shoot some canned compressed air on the lens & than wipe it with a dampened micro fiber cloth. Easy, right?

Only problem is when you shoot compressed air at that lens, it pushes dust inside the "light engine", a $1,500 non-servicable part. Now I have this really great picture with a 2 foot purple/green blob on it & half the screen is very dark. Your supervisor Victor at ext 8152 went way out on a limb to help me & offered to sell me the light engine I now need for only $750. Fantastic deal, it would only cost me $750 to fix what would not be damaged if your tech people actually knew what they were talking about. Thank you JVC USA for ruining a perfectly good TV.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JVC-USA/internet/JVC-USA-JVC-terrible-customer-service-Internet-914712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JVC USA