Complaint Review: Jack Johnson

• Submitted: Wed, March 04, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 04, 2009

• Reported By:New York New York
Jack Johnson
New York, New York U.S.A.

Jack Johnson - I bought a fraudulent concert ticket from him via Craigslist.com. I paid him $400 in cash yesterday and discovered it was a phony ticketmaster rendition. I questioned it when I saw it and he denied it was fake. New York New York

I posted a ticket request on craigslist.com
he contacted me via email:
From: Jack Johnson [mailto:jackjohn1966@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:42 AM
To: sale-1057529227@craigslist.org

this message was remailed to you via: sale-1057529227@craigslist.org

I work for a shoe designer so I offered a pair of shoes or handbag in addition to cash for the ticket. his response:

From: Jack Johnson [mailto:jackjohn1966@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:05 AM
To: Gina N
Subject: Re:

I offered $400, he agreed and asked me for my cell number. He was in Yonkers but would have his messenger drop off the ticket. I agreed and went to the bank to withdraw $400.

So his driver and messenger (who has supposedly been working for him for 20 years, according to Jack Johnson) arrived across the street from my office.
I walked outside in the snow. He wouldn't get out of the car. he passed the ticket through the window and accepted the money through the window, all the while sitting in the backseat while there was one driver in the front seat.

I looked at the ticket and questioned its validity. He, the messenger, assured me it was real. Said "Jack" was a ticket broker and he was a real estate broker and that he'd been working with "Jack" for 16 years. Said he was legit.

I questioned again and again he reassured me. I gave him the $400 cash along with a handbag worth $475, (I only paid $50 for it).

Nevertheless, I felt uncertain so I took down the license plate # of the silver sedan - T483957C. They saw me doing this.

I photocopied and photographed the ticket and sent it to people who know more about tickets. Then I took it home to compare it to other Ticketmaster tickets from previous shows and there were MANY differences. I also noticed a few mistakes in this counterfeit ticket.

I proceeded to call Jack and leave him messages. As he didn't respond, I started leaving a message saying one letter, beginning with the letter "A". I called and left him a message going through the alphabet until I filled up his inbox somewhere near the letter "K".

This morning I sent him this email:
From: ME
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 12:08 PM
To: 'Jack Johnson'
Subject: RE:

Hi Jack,

Please get back to me ASAP. I want my $400 cash back TODAY. I know you're in the city. I know you're down the block. I know you are avoiding my calls. You can sell your ticket to some other poor soul. But I refuse to let you get away with this.

Do the right thing here. Send your guy back with the bag and the money. I won't press charges or take this to a further degree if you own up and do the right thing. You got busted. I won't slay your name. Yet. As long as you bring back the money.

But I will. I've already laid down the groundwork and I'm not afraid to take it further. This wouldn't be the first time.

Thank you.

I just want my money back. Please help me.

thank you.

New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2009 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jack-Johnson/New-York-New-York/Jack-Johnson-I-bought-a-fraudulent-concert-ticket-from-him-via-Craigslistcom-I-paid-h-430682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jack Johnson