• Report: #1019107

• Submitted: Sat, February 23, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 23, 2013

• Reported By: Philippe — Paris Internet France
Jack LALWANI
257/1-3 Unit 22 Royal Garden Plaza Charoen Nakhorn Internet United States of America

Jack LALWANI Monet il Sarto Tailor Jack LALWANI received my order and full payment and never shipped the suit and shirts. Do NOT order from him. Bangkok Internet

*Author of original report: Jack LALWANI Monet il Sarto - HAS FINALLY SHIPPED ORDER

*Consumer Comment: Re: Jack at Monet il Sarto

I met Jack Lalwani during one of my previous trips in Asia.
He runs 2 customs made Tailor shops in Bankgok, Thailand.
One at the Banyan Tree Hotel and the other at the Marriott Spa (now called Anantara Riverside Spa).

I ordered several suits from him while I was there and things went well.

But 2 years later, I got in touch with him again and for an online order that would be shipped to France.
Custom made Suit and quite a few shirts + International Delivery.
He told me that would not be a problem at all. His webiste mentions international orders.
(website: http://www.monetilsarto.com )

He requested a full payment of 14800 Thai baht (about 496 USD).
I wired the money. He confirmed he got the money.

Then I got several messages saying the order was confirmed.
Was been produced... then was taking longer because it was an international order. [continued below]....
......
After 6 weeks, he told me he was at the moment travelling abroad but that my order was ready to be shipped.

3 months later, I  have still not received my order.
Jack Lalwani does not answer phone calls, and is not able to provide any tracking number regarding the delivery.

He stopped answering emails too.

DO NOT ORDER FROM HIM.

He works with hotels mentionned above and with quite a few Embassies in Bangkok.
I will make sure to report him with that 5 stars hotel managers.

Source:
Jack Lalwani
De Kenzo Sartoria Tailor Bangkok
De Monet Il Sarto Tailor Bangkok

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2013 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jack-LALWANI/internet/Jack-LALWANI-Monet-il-Sarto-Tailor-Jack-LALWANI-received-my-order-and-full-payment-and-nev-1019107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jack LALWANI

Jack LALWANI Monet il Sarto - HAS FINALLY SHIPPED ORDER

AUTHOR: Philippe - ()

After posting this complaint on this site, Mr Jack LALWANI Monet il Sarto has finally shipped my Order almost a year later. Thanks to this site. No explaination about the delay but at least everything is in order now.

Re: Jack at Monet il Sarto

AUTHOR: Marc - ()

The same thing happened to me.

I started using Jack in 2005, and have given him a lot of business over the years, with myself and friends and family.

Last summer i was getting married and I wanted myself and my groomsmen to have custom tuxedo's made by Jack.

All in all i ended up sending Jack about 2200 CDN.  (Big wedding party)

And i never received the suits.    A week before my wedding i had to do a rush job of renting tuxedos for the whole wedding party, and it almost ending up ruining my wedding.

I'm still so upset about it.  Not just the money, but it was my wedding.

What type of person would do that?