Complaint Review: Jack Williams Tire

• Updated: Mon, April 14, 2014

• Reported By: CeeVee123 — milford Pennsylvania
Jack Williams Tire
Nationwide USA

Jack Williams Tire Tried to sell me a transmission job only ending up to be a tune up Milford, PA Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Jack Williams Milford, PA

For 3 months, my Jeep would hesitate while I drove and was progressively getting worse.  A few weeks ago, I took my 2006 jeep to Jack Williams Tire for this issue.  Their service manager/writer took a drive with me to experience the issue first hand.  I was able to duplicate the problem and without hesitation told me it was my transmission.  Professed he worked at Chrysler and said this is a know issue and that he's seen this problem numerous times.  We get back to JWT.  He and a mechanic sniff the dip stick to the transmission fluid.  They said it definitely smells burnt.  After their service manager/writer said we can do a trans flush and all this garbage to prolong the inevitable.  Although JWT did not do transmission work, he provided a friend who does.  I went home a wreck. I cannot afford a transmission.  After a few days I took it to Middletown Tire and Auto.  I explained what JWT stated to me.  Their mechanic took it for a ride.  He came back.  He smelt the trans fluid.  He walked up to me and said you do NOT need a transmission.  Your trans fluid is not burnt nor does it smell burnt.  You need a tune up.  The tune up was done, the Jeep runs perfect.  I went from a possible 4k dollar transmission job, to a $300 dollar tune up job.  I want everyone to know how Jack Williams Tire operates.  They take advantage of people who know nothing about cars and suck them in with lies.  They care nothing about honesty or integrity but more on how much I can make.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2014 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jack-Williams-Tire/nationwide/Jack-Williams-Tire-Tried-to-sell-me-a-transmission-job-only-ending-up-to-be-a-tune-up-Mil-1136970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jack Williams Tire

Jack Williams Milford, PA

AUTHOR: Robin@JWTire - ()

I can certainly understand you being so upset when you were first told that you would need a transmission, and it ends up that all you needed was a tune-up.

I would like to look into this more if possible if you could contact the Customer Service Department of Jack Williams @ 1-800-833-5051 ext 7197 we can see what happened to insure that this does not happen to another customer of Jack Williams.

I do hope to hear from you soon.