Complaint Review: Jackie Dempere

• Submitted: Fri, September 28, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, September 30, 2012

• Reported By: LINDA HAYGOOD: ADVOCATE FOR INTEGRI — Olympia Washington United States of America
Jackie Dempere

Jackie Dempere DISHONORED her word & committment by telling me I could pick up an item she was giving away for free on Craigslist then giving it to someone else after we had an agreement for me to pick it up. I secu , Internet

*Author of original report: I stand on what I stated

*Consumer Comment: Funny!

On Sept.28, 2012 I responded to an ad for a "Huge Wooden Pantry" posted by Jackie Dempere (Craigslist email: rgdvj-3288188798@sale.craigslist.org)
(private email: jdempere@msn.com)in an attempt to secure the pantry she had posted on your site.

We exchanged approximately 14 emails to coordinate the pick up. In one email she noted I was the first person to respond. In another email she told me to "contact her Friday (today/9-28-12) to let her know what time I could pick up said item on Saturday (tomorrow/9/29/2012). I rearranged my kitchen, borrowed money for gas, arranged to borrow a truck, and enlisted the help of 3 men. Today, Friday, when I emailed to let her know I could be there as early as 9 a.m. on Saturday she told me there was someone coming to see the pantry and another person at 5pm. She told me via said email that I should check in with her after 5 pm today (Friday) to see if it was still available.

When I had issue with this she said "she neglected to include "if it's still available",,, nonsense. I have emails to prove she committed to giving me the pantry provided I called today to let her know what time I'd be there tomorrow. She even said in her email that she would hold it 3 hours beyond my time of arrival. Today the pantry went to someone else and I am very upset that this person who has little to no integrity has put me out to the degree that she did. I am complaining about her and want to know how Craigslist deals with people like her - people who don't give a d**n about someone else's feelings or their needs. I explained to her that my food is in cardboard box's on the floor and I desperately needed that pantry. She should not be allowed to post again and I want to hear back from Craigslist to know what your policy is on dishonorable people like  Jackie Dempere. Please write me at (((REDACTED))) @gmail.com to help me find resolve to a very upsetting turn of circumstances due to a heartless woman and her inability to keep her committed word to a person who did everything right.

I feel Jackie Dempere is a very untrustworthy person who does not keep her word and does not care about anyone but herself. Her lack of integrity and ability to keep her commitment make her someone who can not be trusted or counted on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackie-Dempere/internet/Jackie-Dempere-DISHONORED-her-word-committment-by-telling-me-I-could-pick-up-an-item-sh-948123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackie Dempere

I stand on what I stated

AUTHOR: L.H. - (USA)

What I said, STANDS.
I told the truth and only brought it to this level to show you that you may just run into a person who stands up for themselves when you deal in a less than admirable way.

The messages were in an attempt to coordinate the many preparations and time-frame we were ironing out. There were also a couple thanking you for the opportunity to come up Saturday and telling you how much it meant to me to pick up the pantry. You made a deal and broke it. I hope this arena made the impact I hoped for; I'll be removing this now. It's not  my intention to keep it going.

Funny!

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

I have given things away using Craigslist and never had someone send me 14 emails.

While you were screwing around trying to find labor, transportation, and a co-signer for gas, someone else showed up ready, willing, and able to haul the pantry away.

When a person offers something for free, it is going to the first person who shows up ready to take it.