Complaint Review: Jacks Music Store

• Updated: Mon, March 11, 2013

• Reported By: Aaron — Iowa City Iowa United States of America
Jacks Music Store
401 North Shiawassee Street Corunna, Michigan United States of America

Jacks Music Store Customer Service Representative "Ray". Overcharged for return shipping on defective item. Escalated phone call to abuse "right to refuse service" policy. Corunna, Michigan

After a lengthy return process on a purchased item which broke within hours of first using it (not by operator error), I was refunded only $60 on a $160 dollar purchase. I received free shipping to my house, and I was told I would have to pay return shipping for a refund, to which I agreed.

Upon receiving only a $60 refund, I called back to find out why. The customer service representative, Ray, who I've talked to numerous times about this, told me that according to their return policy, I would pay shipping both ways, even though I received free shipping initially. I asked how a ~20lb package would cost $50 to ship each way and he became defensive.

I have been polite with Ray up until now, even though he has deflected my questions and generally been rude and discourteous to me through this whole process. During this last phone call, he began to interrupt me and raise his voice, which escalated me to a point of using one profane word. [continued below]....
..... He immediately hung up the phone and when I called back to apologize he hung up again. I called one more time and he began punching keys on the keypad saying, "oops, sorry!" and I could hear him snickering in the background. I can only imagine he is trying to abuse the Jack's Music Store policy that "reserves the right to refuse service for abusive behavior." Immediately following the phone call he sent an e-mail update saying that the call was "terminated by Ray due to abusive and vulgar language." Granted, I was upset (and rightly so) and handled the situation unprofessionally, but they have handled this whole process much more unprofessionally.

I have sent several e-mails to the company trying to iron this out and have heard nothing back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jacks-Music-Store/Corunna-Michigan-48817/Jacks-Music-Store-Customer-Service-Representative-Ray-Overcharged-for-return-shipping-o-1027147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jacks Music Store