Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt Franchises

• Reported By:creston Wyoming
Jackson Hewitt Franchises
jacksonhewitt.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Jackson Hewitt Franchises Lied to get franchise money Creston Nationwide

I don't know what to do, I sent my franchise fee $26,000.00 along with spending about $20,000 on additional equipment for the business to Get a business doing here in Creston.

We didn't have a large based and "supported" tax preparation business, lust some locals. After speaking with Curtis, the representative for Jackson Hewitt he assured me I would be the only Jackson Hewitt in the local area. Not less than 6 month later, another office opens up right here in town. Curtis very clearly promised this would be my territory, no other Jackson Hewitt could open an office until the population changes to support additional offices.

Additionally, I have now tried to contact Curtis, he will not return my calls, I called the Corp number, 1-800-475-2904. They deny that Jackson Hewitt would make such a promise. So far I have had to lay off half of my employees, and it appears to still be a non-profit business....anyone have the same experience?

Cory
creston, Wyoming

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2004 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt-Franchises/nationwide/Jackson-Hewitt-Franchises-Lied-to-get-franchise-money-Creston-Nationwide-117786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt Franchises