Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt Tax Service

• Reported By: Jeannine — Eagle River Alaska
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
700E Northern Lights Blvd Anchorage, , Alaska USA

Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Fraudulent labor practices Anchorage, Alaska

I was hired in February by someone named Melissa, from a Craigslist ad, at the Sears office in Anchorage. She said there would be six weeks of work at $10.00 an hour. I proceeded to quit the job I currently had after she hired me. She often wouldn't return my phone calls, and she did not call when she said she would. She requested that I come in for training on March 14, and she stated she would put me on the schedule after I finished that day's training.

She had me fill out a W4 and some other employment information. Instead, after 3.5 hour of training, she said that the scanning duties I had just trained on would come later. I was very surprised, when she dismissed me with a waive of her hand, while she flippantly said she would call me. I had anticipated that I would be placed on the schedule and begin working, as she had just stated earlier that week.

She has never called since that day. I knew she had no intention of calling me just by her glib and condescending demeanor and attitude. I don't know why she hired me in the first place and lied about the job. It is very strange and bizarre to say the least. I would like to be paid for the 3.5 hours of training I was requested to perform. I can't believe how unprofessional and dishonest this woman is.

Why she didn’t just tell me she didn't need my services, I do not understand. Instead she carried on this weird and unnecessary charade. She doesn't care that I quit my job for a job that didn’t even exist. I suppose as long as she had a job and was getting paid to con people it was of no concern to her. I do know that I do not deserve this shabby and thoughtless treatment resulting from this fraudulent labor practice.  I have called their main office three times but nobody will call me back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 04:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt-Tax-Service-/Anchorage-Alaska-99503/Jackson-Hewitt-Tax-Service-Fraudulent-labor-practices-Anchorage-Alaska-1138916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt Tax Service