Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt Tax Service

• Submitted: Mon, July 19, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, June 24, 2011

• Reported By: Amy — Sellersburg Indiana U.S.A.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
Eastern Blvd, Clarksville, Indiana Clarksville, Indiana United States of America

Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Huge tax error costing over $5,000! Clarksville, Indiana

*Author of original report: Ha! They had to file bankruptcy

*Author of original report: Update as of 8/16/10

I filled my 2007 taxes at Jackson Hewitt and they put amounts in the wrong boxes and it cost me over $5,000 in my federal and $700 in state taxes.  I fought with them to pay all the fees but they claim that I didn't get the gold coverage so I had to pay for their mistakes.  I did get them to pay my penalties and fees for federal, but they only were willing to pay the penalities for state, claiming that I should have paid the interest when the taxes were amended in 2009.  I say they should pay for the all the interest or at least from the screw up in 2007 until it was found in August of 2009.  The penalty is only $57 and the interest isn't much more.  You would think Jackson Hewitt would try to keep a customer, but their corporate doesn't care.  Do not use them!  Their staff has no idea what they are doing!  Don't go through the hell I've gone through.  I just want them to cover all the penalities and interest of my 2007 taxes and of course I'm stuck paying the other $523.  I don't expect much to come from this, but at least I can warn others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2010 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt-Tax-Service/Clarksville-Indiana-47129/Jackson-Hewitt-Tax-Service-Huge-tax-error-costing-over-5000-Clarksville-Indiana-624797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt Tax Service

Ha! They had to file bankruptcy

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

I got a letter in the mail the other day stating that Jackson Hewitt is filing bankruptcy.  Good, althogh the system will just allow them to start their same bad buisiness practices under a new name

Update as of 8/16/10

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

As of date, I still haven't received a check from Jackson Hewitt,and even though I brought this issue to their attention in mid June - it wasn't processed until July 27th and sent to their "corporate office" which you can't speak to anyone there - they don't know anything.