Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt Tax Service

• Submitted: Sun, October 12, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 12, 2008

• Reported By:Little River South Carolina
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
Hwy 9 Next To Food Lion Little River, South Carolina U.S.A.

Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Misfiled my Federal and State Income Taxes for 2005 and 2006 Little River South Carolina

This complaint against Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is not new, but ongoing ever since our 2005 and 2006 Federal and State Income Tax was wrongfully prepared. For 2005 I had to pay $1,273.51 for overpayment of Federal Income Tax. For 2006 I had to pay $1,609.60 for overpayment of South Carolina State Income Tax. That totals $2883.11 I had to pay out of pocket for ridiculous mistakes made by two incompetent tax preparers employed by Jackson Hewitt.

Ms. Kovolenko has taken some responsibility and reimbursed us for a substantial amount of the tax overpayment, but only several hundred dollars more than I have had to pay. The $1,609.60 overpayment from the South Carolina State Tax is money I never received. The entire amount ($2,231.00) was issued to Loris Hospital in South Carolina for billing quite a few years ago for services my wife's ex-husband failed to pay.

I can live with that fact, but to have to pay back money I didn't receive due to a mistake Jackson Hewitt made is not acceptable. Had the state income tax been prepared correctly I would not have had to pay $1,609.60 I never had or was supposed to have. Since beginning this letter of complaint I have received another notice from the South Carolina Department of Revenue that I additionally owe $311.00 for the year of 2005.

Obviously Jackson Hewitt Tax Service and/or Ms. Kovolenko has decided that taking 50% responsibility for their mistakes is satisfactory and I should be content with the decision. I am not. If Jackson Hewitt was the reputable company they claim to be this calamity would be totally rectified.

James
Little River, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2008 12:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt-Tax-Service/Little-River-South-Carolina-29566/Jackson-Hewitt-Tax-Service-Misfiled-my-Federal-and-State-Income-Taxes-for-2005-and-2006-Li-1033354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt Tax Service