Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt Tax Services

• Reported By: Benny1955 — Ruffin North Carolina United States of America
Jackson Hewitt Tax Services
3 Sylvan Way Ste 301 Parsippany, New Jersey United States of America

Jackson Hewitt Tax Services BEWARE of GOLD GUARANTEE Parsippany, New Jersey

Purchased Gold Guarantee and Jackson Hewitt is requesting documents from the IRS that I am unable to obtain without undue hardship on my behalf due to my being totally disabled. The IRS has closed the case and I will have to go through extreme burden to get the letter they want.  The bottom line is that Jackson Hewitt caused the error that resulted in my loss of entitled refund and is now putting me through the hoops trying to activate my guarantee and I even had an area manager try to discourage me from filing my claim at this point claiming it would be better to wait because I would probably be put in the pending status without my letter from the IRS (knowing I can't get the letter). This Gold Guarantee is totally worthless and what all you have to go through to try and get a legitimate claim settled isn't worth it. I also called for several weeks leaving messages with no return call then did get a call and the rep said the IRS lied and anyway the Gold Guarantee didn't cover my refund loss only if I owed the IRS money due to their mistake which was not true. I am covered for this type of loss. Jackson Hewitt's customer service also cannot help anyone as they only are there to direct you to your nearest office of which I never got a call back out of over 20 messages left but the one time. I talked to the customer service head in N.J. with no satifaction on this issue and told by him I could get no more help from anyone above him when I asked for his supervisor because he was as high as I could get in this department. He even said the CEO could not help me in my situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2012 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt-Tax-Services/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/Jackson-Hewitt-Tax-Services-BEWARE-of-GOLD-GUARANTEE-Parsippany-New-Jersey-910350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt Tax Services