Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt - ipower

• Submitted: Wed, February 25, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 27, 2009

• Reported By:marquand Missouri
Jackson Hewitt - ipower
364 S Kingshighway St Cape Giradue, Missouri U.S.A.

Jackson Hewitt - ipower misleading about the ipower card Cape Giradue Missouri

*UPDATE Employee: Client did not pay attention as other employee stated.

*UPDATE Employee: Client did not pay atention to what they where told

I have been a faithfull customer to Jackson Hewitt for 4 years no problem until this year...

we get our taxes done and decide which way to get our money (last 4 years direct deposite) but this year they showed us for only $11 more I would get $900 of my refund in a hour the rest in 8-15 days with the I power card so I asked can I get my money off it at a bank the lady said yes... just use it like a credit card....... so wrong....

first thing no money in a hour my RAL was rejected but I would be credited the extra $11 .... 8-15 days yes money!!! I used it got on line and checked out my charges I lost over $20 in fees....50 cents to use my card (unles credit) 1.5% charge if I get a cash advance off of it!!!!!...

called the ipower people very rude and said you should have read your infomation on this.... what information called JH same thing should have read info what info....

the lady gave us the card said sign it did not say anything about charges and how it will cost you more money to have the ipoewer than a direct deposite better yet if you don't use your money by april they start chargeing you 4.95 a month.

my big grip is this JH is not telling people about the ipower card in detail not even a hint of the charges or that the money in a hour is a RAL loan that can be denide... if they would have told me that I would have went to the direct deposite now I have money I can't spend or use on bills whithout being charged!!!! I will lose over $200 dollars at this rate

Not happy in mo
marquand, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2009 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt-ipower/Cape-Giradue-Missouri-63701/Jackson-Hewitt-ipower-misleading-about-the-ipower-card-Cape-Giradue-Missouri-428338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt - ipower

Client did not pay attention as other employee stated.

AUTHOR: Stephen - (U.S.A.)

I work for Jackson Hewitt in Georgia. It's true, this customer did not read the information contained in the iPower card envelope that was handed to them at the point in which the tax preparer issued the card to the client. It specifically outlines how to use your ipower card most effectively.

Client did not pay atention to what they where told

AUTHOR: Notirs - (U.S.A.)

I work for a Jackson Hewitt in another state. We get this all the time. Customers come into our office and all they want to know is how much their getting and when. The rest of the conversation just goes in one ear and straight out the other. It is impossible for a tax preparer to know if the bank has approved a customer and they can't guarantee their approval. If the bank denies the loan, their return will arrive in about 8 to 15 days. Sometimes a few days longer.

As far as the fees associated with the card. The card come in an envelope with pages of informaiton all about the card and a list of the fees associated with the card and the best way to use it to avoid the fees. If the customer does not read this informaiton it isn't the tax preparers fault for their neglegence. They only have themselves to blame.

When I prepare somebody's return, I always turn the screen around and explain to them exactly what the fees are and their options along with the procedures if a loan is denied by the bank. And amazingly at least half of the customers will complain to me about the choice they made and accuse me of not explaining it to them. I treat all of my customers as I would want to be treated. I also inform them that the card has alot of fees involved with it. It is not my fault that they don't pay attention, but it is us that has to get cussed out and told off.

t is your money and it is your
responsibility to pay attention to your tax preparer during the interview. We are all human and we all make mistakes, but to blame it on somebody else is just irresponsible.