Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt

• Submitted: Mon, April 11, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, December 18, 2006

• Reported By:Louisville Kentucky
Jackson Hewitt
3830 Ruckriegel Pkwy Jeffersontown, Kentucky U.S.A.

Jackson Hewitt ripoff outrageous billing Jeffersontown Kentucky

*UPDATE Employee: Look in to....

I recently visited Jackson Hewitt to have my 2003 taxes prepared & was outraged at the price that was charged for a short form that took approximately 10 minutes to do (I was there alot longer because my tax preparer happened to be the office supervisor & was more interested in what the rest of the office was doing with the other customers).

A whopping $146.00 was the damage done for a quick short form & to tell me I owe $354.00 to the IRS!!!! I wasn't charged that by a CPA the previous year that took care of my personal AND small business returns! My suggestion for anyone who cares is to trust your returns in the hands of a CPA that has the knowledge & education to do it right not to mention it will be a lot cheaper! I've learned my lesson.

Patricia
Louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2005 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt/Jeffersontown-Kentucky-40299/Jackson-Hewitt-ripoff-outrageous-billing-Jeffersontown-Kentucky-138394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt

Look in to....

AUTHOR: Brandi - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry, but you should look into prices before you go have something done. I know before anything is done, I ask "how much". And that is just not with taxes, that is with everything. If I get my car fixed, I ask "how much is this going to cost about". If it isnt what you want, then dont go there. It is not Jackson Hewitt's problem if you owe the IRS. So IRS did the damage to you and as for the price, you should have looked into it, or when you found out the price after they did the return tell them that you didnt realize it was going to be that much and go to someone else..

I also would like to add, alot of the JH preparers are CPA's. Your return was done correctly I am assuming because you didnt say it wasnt so there is no reason to say "My suggestion for anyone who cares is to trust your returns in the hands of a CPA that has the knowledge & education to do it right". That is just you being upset because it didnt cost what "you" wanted it to cost and that YOU didnt research the price before you went in there. I have no remorce...