Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt

Jackson Hewitt
Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Jackson Hewitt ripoff Norcross Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer Service Follow Up

I thought we were the only people who got screwed by Jackson Hewitt. When my husband and I got married we thought it would be nice to have our tax refund in a matter of days not weeks, so we filed with Jackson Hewitt and figured everything went fine, we gave all the proper paperwork signed read the fine print in fifteen minutes we found out we were getting over $3,000 so a $150 charge to get the money in @48hrs seemed ok. there were no problems for almost one year. Then Pesident Bush did a great thing by giving an additional return to those like us. With 2 kids we recieved $800. Then before the money came the IRS sent us a letter stating that we owed $701.00, talk about heartattack. We NEEDED that money. So we called Jackson Hewitt they said they would investigate, 2weeks pass...nothing after numerous attempts to talk to someone we finally got an answer; only not the one we wanted-seems when I had a job "we" neglected to file my w-2. Bull...as I said we gave everything, I know, I saw the copies he made. So not only did we pay $150+ processing fees they didn't file everything out of $800 we got to Keep $99 ,I cried for days. Needless to say $99 doesn't help get you into a house; and trust is almost non-exsistant.

Shannon
duluth, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2004 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt/Norcross-Georgia/Jackson-Hewitt-ripoff-Norcross-Georgia-117894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer Service Follow Up

AUTHOR: Jackson Hewitt General Manager - (USA)

I am the General Manager for Jackson Hewitt Tax Service located in Gwinnett and North DeKalb.  We have been locally owned and operated since 1993.  Since I do not have a last name for this customer I can only review our procedures.

The most important item in a tax return is accurate data in which to base the return on.  This customer advised they gave the preparer all of the paperwork they had.  The problem is many times employers W2's do not show up sometimes until the first week in February or the customer has moved and the W2 was never received.  The fine print the customer advised they read states for them the customer to verify the number of income documents on the return with what they gave the preparer.  We always keep copies in the file as well as get signed receipts advising what the customer gave us.  I do not have this customers last name so I cannot pull the file to see what they advised.

Every summer after tax season we get close to 100 people who come in with letters from the IRS advising that income documents were left off the return.  This past tax season we paid penalties on interest on only 2 of those returns that had mistakes.  After pulling the rest of the files and talking with the customers we learned that most customers advised they probably did not get the W2 originally because they moved or that they filed before they received all of their W2's.  We always err on the customers side when there is a dispute but not when we were not given the proper information to begin with and we have signed confirmation in the file.

My name is Roger and I can be reached at 770-908-1610.  I would be happy to review this file if Shannon will contact me.