Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt

• Submitted: Mon, March 09, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 27, 2009

• Reported By:athens Georgia
Jackson Hewitt
jacksonhewitt\ipower.com Stone Moutain, Georgia U.S.A.

Jackson Hewitt They issued me two ipower cards.They said the first one was a dud and would be destoyed.Now Im missing 300 fed and my whole state .they were rude and dishonest after 17 years Stone Moutain Georgia

*Consumer Comment: This is EXACTLY why ....

*UPDATE Employee: another update

*UPDATE Employee: Comments about the Ipower program and your 300 dollar mismatch.

They told me my state would be mailed to me instead jt was loaded to my ipower accout also there was a 300 dollar difference in my federal return Ive been filing with them 17 years.The sad part is when I checked the card it says that the money was deposited but I never had acess to it .When I Call they just say its been loaded.

Ted32
athens, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2009 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt/Stone-Moutain-Georgia-30083/Jackson-Hewitt-They-issued-me-two-ipower-cardsThey-said-the-first-one-was-a-dud-and-would-432226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt

This is EXACTLY why ....

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

you don't go for the quick money of "refund anticipation loans".

You are being ripped off by JH, as well as anyone using H&R block or anyone else who tries to tell you that you can get your money quickly.

It takes an average of 10 days to get your refund if you efile your taxes.

Refund anticipation loans are a rip off...

another update

AUTHOR: Stephen - (U.S.A.)

I just realized that you state the 300 is missing. This is most likely because you applied for a Refund Anticipation Loan. It states on your copy of the taxpayer information form that the 300 will be sent to you as an assisted refund at a later date.

I hope that this will clear up the confusion for you.

Comments about the Ipower program and your 300 dollar mismatch.

AUTHOR: Stephen - (U.S.A.)

I currently work as a Jackson Hewitt Employee in Georgia. The Ipower program is not Jackson Hewitt program. Ipower problems go through the bank that your area uses. In my case, our Ipower stuff is handled by Metabank.

As for the 300 dollar mismatch, I'm assuming it was the recovery rebate credit. Following directions from the IRS and our corporate headquarters, we left that line blank on our income tax returns so that the banks would not deny the financial products. The IRS then went back and double checked our returns to include the sum that we purposely left out. We knew that this would happen and that our customers would still get their money.

I dislike the letter that the IRS sends. It states that we made an error on your tax return, which is simply untrue. It was intentional to leave line 70 (recovery rebate credit) blank as per instruction by our national headquarters. We were told that the IRS would go back through and correct the issue, and this is what happened with you.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC