Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt

• Submitted: Mon, July 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 14, 2008

• Reported By:York Pennsylvania
Jackson Hewitt
www.jacksonhewitt.com York, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Jackson Hewitt, Diane Didn't Claim Funds, $1800 Error, No Refund, SCAM York Pennsylvania

I went to Jackson Hewitt at the beginning of April 2008 to have my 2007 taxes prepared and filed.

This is the first year my husband and I are filing jointly and with a mortgage.

I told her, the past 3 years my husband has been rolling over his federal refund from year to year. This year we wanted the full refund.

She does our taxes, we get the refund anticipation loan. It costs us $295 for our taxes. NOT including the fees for the refund anticipation loan. I had been quoted $150 when I called.

So, we sign the papers and off we go. Pick up our check the next morning. We got a $2082 refund from the Feds and we owed the state. We paid state and off we went.

Didn't hear another peep until the beginning of May. I get a phone call from the bank that the refund anticipation loan was written on. They tell me they haven't gotten my refund from the government and I need to start paying them back.

Well, I call the government. The refund is delayed for review because Jackson Hewitt forgot to claim the $1800 in roll over refunds we specifically told her we wanted back this year. So I told the IRS agent we DID want those funds and they said it would be 3 weeks and they would send our refund to Jackson Hewitts bank that issued the RA Loan and that they would cut us a check for the additional $1800.

It's now July 14.....

NO refund

NO stimulus check

This lady made so many errors that the government is STILL trying to sort it out.

I have no idea when I will get my refund and stimulus. But they are holding my stimulus because my refund got screwed up.

I was furious. I called around the 2nd week of June. The office is only open on Thursdays. I left a message demanding a refund of the $295 fees I paid them. No phone call. I call every day and never here anything back. I call their corporate number and they route me to the local office. They refuse to put me on the phone with a manager.

Mysteriously I can't seem to get Diane on the phone.

They said they can give me a credit for next year.

I will NEVER get my taxes done there again.

I'm going to go to the news, papers, whatever I have to do to get my $295 filing fee back.

These people are ridiculous.

AJ
York, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2008 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt/York-Pennsylvania/Jackson-Hewitt-Diane-Didnt-Claim-Funds-1800-Error-No-Refund-SCAM-York-Pennsylvania-351021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt