Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt

• Updated: Mon, January 17, 2005

• Reported By:. Connecticut
Jackson Hewitt
jacksonhewitt.com Internet U.S.A.

Jackson Hewitt Ripoff They sucker you in with promises Then Leave You Out To Fail Internet

*Consumer Comment: Jackson Hewitt, Poor Franchies experience

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: What A Joke this place is

When researching for a real franchise, business for me I ran across Justin, World Headquarters at (888) 667-4577 extension 307, He sent me a great brochure and presentation to review. Looked great. I requested to speak other owners, Sam, Brent and Tammy all reported great success, with no issues to date. Having reviewed the financials, I sent the franchise fee, 20k, to begin the process, as Justin indicated we needed to get on board because of a price increase was coming up. Well I waited 3 weeks before anyone called; they said I need an additional 1500 for the training seminars. Having attended the training, I later found that JH requires a specific frontage and advertising. %k into advertising a year, 1500 ft office with at least 50 ft frontage. Having followed these requirements, 6 months later, I am frustrated to no end.

Each time I have questions about the corp. software, files, laws or basically anything, I get the run around. Email after email I ask for help, I get handed from one expert to another expert. Phone calls don't get returned for days. This is not what business is supposed to be, and not what was promised in the beginning.

Wisconsin

TTD/TTY: 1-608-224-5058
Fax: 608-224-4939
E-mail: datephotline@wheel.datep.state.wi.us
Web site: www.datcp.state.wi.us

I will get to the bottom of this.

William
., Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2005 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt/internet/Jackson-Hewitt-Ripoff-They-sucker-you-in-with-promises-Then-Leave-You-Out-To-Fail-Internet-126588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt

Jackson Hewitt, Poor Franchies experience

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

After all the arguing, asking, getting promises that never get kept and money spent, I quit. Jackson Hewitt completely and successfully stole my money. I sent them 20k 18 months ago. I followed all the pre-established processes and followed all the advice of several of their employees and support staff. I leased the required space with the correct amount of frontage, took any training that was available. Bought software upgrades to their system. I have had enough of their promises that they would come through. I send emails, the preferred line of communication, they say it is a faster response time method. I would hate to find out what they would consider slow, but I did what they asked me to do. They promise a field rep would come by and take an overview of my office with suggestions, nothing has come of that. I feel I have been left to sink. Cindy@jacksonhewitt.com told me during the sales process they are a first class business the will be there to help me succeed. I have nothing but problems; I have emailed corp., and called until I'm blue in the face. I get either someone on the phone that does not know how to answer questions or no response at all. I want my money back, and will be persistent until I get a response from Jackson Hewitt.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

What A Joke this place is

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Jackson Hewitt is one of the biggest scams around. They love signing up new franchises for that big old "franchise fee". It's a joke because you spend all this money on a franchise and the only thing you really bought is a name. If had known that going in I would have just hung out a sign saying I was Jackson Hewitt. Because with the franchise fee and the additional charges I am out about $70,000 when if I had just purchased the equipment rented the space and hired some workers I would have the same old useless business but about $30,000 more. See the thing is any training you hope to receive that will enable you to run the business effectively is not available instead there is some useless information they feed you and call it training and say you're ready.