dancers

• Reported By: Wayne — Union City California
JacobsParts
Internet USA

JacobsParts Defective generic parts, no support  Internet

JacobsParts sold me a defective PCI-e card. They sell it on their website and through Amazon.com. They picture the card in a box with their company name and logo on it, leading me to believe it wasn't a generic part. Amazon's policy absolutely disallows companies from selling substituted brands or merchandise that's not identical to what's pictured, but that didn't stop JacobsParts.

It's bad enough to get a card that doesn't work, but in this case the problem was that this card wasn't of standard thickness. So when I went to put it into a slot on my motherboard, it got stuck. When I removed it, it literally pulled the connector off my motherboard. I tried other slots to see if it would go in without forcing and there was no way. I ended up buying a name brand version of the same card elsewhere and it fit and worked perfectly.

I tried contacting JacobsParts repeately and have yet to hear back from them. I could return it through Amazon at my expense "pending approval" which I never got. But they are required to give me a full refund since they didn't send what I actually ordered. I'd present their side of the story but they never responded.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JacobsParts/internet/JacobsParts-Defective-generic-parts-no-supportnbsp-Internet-1063643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JacobsParts