Complaint Review: Jamal Monsanto

• Updated: Tue, May 14, 2013

• Reported By: Amina_ — Austin Texas
Jamal Monsanto
Internet USA

Jamal Monsanto I paid him to give me a sweatshirt via paypal, he never came through and then flaked out of refunding me.  Internet

In December of 2012, an ex-friend of mine, Maher Khalil (or Mish Khalil) posted an ad on Instagram for his friend, Jamal Monsanto advertising his clothing line, ScienZe. Maher was a good friend of mine so I went ahead and purchased a grey sweatshirt from Jamal's site. With each order of a sweatshirt, Jamal promised a free mixtape that would come with the order. I just wanted to support my friend's friend.

After two weeks of receiving nothin in the mail, I inquired about the whereabouts of my purchase to Maher over text message. He said he'd find out for me. The initial conversation was brief. I inquired a second time and never got a response. And then I receive a text from Maher one day saying he's trying to find out what was going on and told me irrelevant facts about flying Jamal to California and that was somehow linked to my purchase not being in my possession. After a few weeks, I inquired once again, this time no response from Maher. [continued below]....

.....

I became frustrated so I reached out to Jamal via twitter and asked him to follow me so we can exchange private direct messages about the transaction I had made just a few months prior that never got followed through with on his end. He was polite and promised that he'd look into my order details. Weeks had passed, I had received nothing from him. He began to ignore my direct messages on twitter. So I decided to threaten him with a police report saying that if he doesn't respond to me then I will report the fraud he committed to the police. He then responded and told me, "If that is what you feel is best." He then asked me if I would prefer to be refunded. I told him yes. I gave him a week to refund me. He asked for the name on the order and I gave it to him. Months had passed and I hadn't received my refund. I gave him enough time. He unfollowed me on twitter. Today I am reporting it because I had had enough.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jamal-Monsanto/internet/Jamal-Monsanto-I-paid-him-to-give-me-a-sweatshirt-via-paypal-he-never-came-through-and-t-1050973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jamal Monsanto