instrument

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Stormy — Bandy Virginia
James Carmody Attorney at law
116 Veterans Drive Richlands, Virginia United States of America

James Carmody Attorney at law We paid this attorney 1,457.00 for a brankrutpcy and after they put the info in the computer they said we never qualified and only gave us 469.00 back. Richlands, Virginia

My husband and i went to this attorney to file a bankruptcy paid him 1,457.00 him and his secretary told us on several occasions that we would qualify for the bankruptcy well they kept asking us to give them the same papers over and over that they had in the file and they had all our info updated and still told us we would have no problems with the bankruptcy. well we go down to the attorney's office to sign the papers to send to the treasurer they put a couple things into the computer and then told us we financially did not qualify for the bankruptcy.

So after the secretary told us this we made an appointment with the attorney and he told me to quite my job and go out and get more debt. at this time we said we were trying to move to tennessee and he told us that we would still be able to apply for the bankruptcy if we went to tenn for 6 months. well then he said that we would not get all our money back and we said why you never filed anything and he said because so we left felling hurt and went back and he was mad and told my husband all i had to do is follow the rules and quite my job and here is our money

he gave us a check for 469.00 way less than what we paid him for not even filling the bankruptcy. we tried to tell him i could not afford to quite my job and we are trying to get a fresh start but he said in order for this to go through we would have to listen. he also said to me he questioned my sanity because we wanted to move....we did everything he asked but quite my job i took all the paper work he asked for over and over again. We feel he ripped us off $988.00 and the bankruptcy never went through or the paperwork signed......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/James-Carmody-Attorney-at-law/Richlands-Virginia-24641/James-Carmody-Attorney-at-law-We-paid-this-attorney-145700-for-a-brankrutpcy-and-after-1046219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on James Carmody Attorney at law