Complaint Review: James Kobe

• Reported By: Brian — Colorado Springs Colorado
James Kobe
6 4619 Queensway Dr. Terrace, British Columbia Canada

James Kobe Fraudulent eBay Buyer Made False Claims Terrace B Columbia Canada

I live in Colorado and in May 2014 decided to list a 10 oz. silver bar for sale on eBay.  I offered free shipping and the Canadian buyer paid $250 through PayPal but later claimed that the small padded envelope package I sent was received without the silver bar inside.

The buyer (ebay user name "phatround") immediately left negative feedback for me the day he received delivery by claiming he was charged $44 in shipping fees (what he would later call "duty fees" in his private messages to me).

I made numerous attempts to understand and resolve the issue by communicating with the buyer through eBay.  Yet I usually had to wait several days to receive a response and when I did his answers were vague and sometimes contradictory.

Once the time period eBay granted myself and the buyer to resolve an issue had expired the buyer made a complaint to eBay customer support and marked his claim as "Item did not match description" which later that same day generated an eBay automatic response which granted the buyer a full refund.  Now eBay says I need to reimburse them for the payment the company gave to the buyer.

Sellers on eBay need to be aware of this scam.  I have copies of all messages between me and the buyer if there is any question as to the validity of my statements in this report.  I know that this buyer has used at least one other eBay user name in addition to "phatround".

Sellers, beware of selling and sending any items to this fraudulent buyer, James Kobe, who resides in British Columbia, Canada.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2014 10:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/James-Kobe/Terrace-British-Columbia-V8G0A5/James-Kobe-Fraudulent-eBay-Buyer-Made-False-Claims-Terrace-B-Columbia-Canada-1155046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on James Kobe