Complaint Review: James Petersen California Merchant Services

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By:nipomo California
James Petersen California Merchant Services
1100 Garden View Rd # 326 San Diego, California U.S.A.

James Petersen California Merchant Services Merchant Services Fraud San Luis Obispo California

*Consumer Comment: contact me 805-929-5725

*Consumer Comment: Contact me

*Consumer Comment: James Petersen- Irresponsible Fraud!

*General Comment: Continues to Lie, cheat and steal

*Consumer Comment: Beware of doing business with James Peterson or California Merchant Services

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: james petersen the owner

*Author of original report: California Merchant Services James Petersen

James Thomas Petersen has been convicted of fraud and theif by deception.
I have a permanent restraining order against James Petersen and California Merchant Services not to be enter any of my merchants or work within a 200 mile radius of my business.

He has gone into my merchants saying he works for me and has stolen money and credit card terminals.
Over 3 police reports have been filed as he continues to violate the restraining order but the police do nothing. He continues to rip the consumer off and work in the merchant services business even though he has been convicted of a Felony for theft in San Diego, California. He went into business owners and collected monies for terminals and never gave them their merchandise. He is a thief, a liar, and a con man. His roommate is a local sheriff who knows about his past but does not care. His name is Marty and he lives here on the Central Coast of California.

DO NOT USE HIM FOR MERCHANT SERVICES.

Elizabeth
nipomo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/James-Petersen-California-Merchant-Services/San-Diego-California-92024/James-Petersen-California-Merchant-Services-Merchant-Services-Fraud-San-Luis-Obispo-Califo-340853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on James Petersen California Merchant Services

contact me 805-929-5725

AUTHOR: Betty - ()

whoever wrote this post please contact me at 805-929-5725

Contact me

AUTHOR: Betty - ()

Please whoever wrote this report contact me.  805-929-5725

James Petersen- Irresponsible Fraud!

AUTHOR: sjc - ()

I am currently in the process of a potential lawsuit against James Petersen. I would like to mobilize as many of his victims so that we can get this man off the street, and back in jail where he belongs. My legal team has obtained a lot of information on this man, including his prior felony conviction in San Diego. I would like more information on this man, details on his conviction beyond what is stated in the documents, and more victims to come forward so that the gravity of this man's complete disregard for the law or people can be fully recognized by the people who are in a position to provide consequences for his illegal actions. He claims his ex-wife wrote these reports, so I would love to speak with her, or anyone else who has been a victim of this man. Please respond to this message and we can find a way to get in touch anonymously. Thank you!

#4 General Comment

Continues to Lie, cheat and steal

AUTHOR: Betty - (USA)

James Petersen is a sociopath and a con artist.  I have supporting documentation that he was arrested for credit card fraud and the other comments on rip off.com proves that he continues to steal lie and cheat people out of money so he can support his lavish lifestyle driving his BMW and corvette.  DO NOT do business with James Petersen and if he has ripped you off, please call the San Luis Obispo District Attorney office and the Pismo Beach police.  Please take the time to report him and get him in Prison where he belongs.

Beware of doing business with James Peterson or California Merchant Services

AUTHOR: SMS - (United States of America)

James Peterson recruited me into the Merchant Processing Industry. Knowing nothing about the industry previously, I relied on his knowledge, and trusted what he taught me.

As I began to know and understand more and more, it became clear very quickly that his dealings with existing merchants, and with potential clients, was in many cases both dishonest, and in many cases fraudulent.  The allegations of his arrest and serving jail time for prior fraud with regard to his business practices are completely true, and "Jim" would often joke about how he got away with much more than he ever got caught for.

I felt that I had no choice, but to dissociate myself from Jim (James) Peterson, and from California MerchantServices if I was to deal honestly with the small business community of California, especially the Central Coast.

Anyone considering doing business with James Peterson, or with California Merchant Services, or with BPS Worldwide (his other company) should know to proceed at your own risk. Jim prides himself on his ability to create ways to separate his clients from their money, and has, over the years, become a master of deception and half truths.  He is "selling" merchant processing for the following companies:

Payment Alliance International (PAI), Cynergy Data, NPC Merchant Services, and possibly others as well.
I would be happy to supply documented proof to any current merchant or potential merchant that requests it from me. I can be contacted at: Specializedms@yahoo.com.

Pete.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

james petersen the owner

AUTHOR: california merchant services - (United States of America)

THESE ALLEGATIONS ARE TOTALLY FALSE. THEY ARE ALSO MADE FROM MY VERY BITER EX-WIFE. SHE HAS TRIED ON MANY ATTEMPTS TO SLANDER ME AND STOP ME FROM MAKING A LIVING. WE DID WORK IN THE INDUSTRY TOGETHER FOR OVER 6 YEARS WHEN WE WERE MARRIED, SO WHEN SHE SAYS I WENT IN AND STOLE TERMINALS, WE WORKED TOGETHER. THE ONLY POLICE REPORTS FILED HAVE BEEN ATTEMPTS BY HER. THERE ARE NO OTHER POLICE REPORTS BY ANY OTHER PERSONS. THE COMMENT BY HER THAT IM NOT ALLOWED TO WORK OR CONDUCT BUSINESS IN SAN LUIS COUNTY IS FALSE AS WELL, IN FACT SHE REQUESTED IN OUR DIVORCE PAPERWORK, BUT THE JUDGE CROSSED THIS SENSELESS REQUEST. SHE CANNOT CONTROL WHERE AND WHEN I WORK OR MAKE A LIVING. AND FINALLY THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE SHERIFF WHO KNOWS ABOUT MY (SO CALLED PAST) ARE ALSO FALSE. MY ATTORNEY IS DEALING WITH ALL THESE FALSE ALLEGATIONS. AND IF ANY NEW CUSTOMERS WOULD LIKE ANY REFRENCES OF MY CUSTOMERS PLEASE ASK. IT WAS JUST BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT THESE FALSE ALLEGATIONS WERE ON THIS SITE. SO I WANTED TO STATE MY SIDE OF THE STORY, I CANT CONTROL WHAT MY EX-WIFE SAYS BUT I CAN HAVE MY ATTORNEY DEAL WITH HER LEGALLY.

JAMES PETERSEN

California Merchant Services James Petersen

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

James Petersen continues to work in the Merchant Services industry even though he has been convicted of credit card fraud in San-Diego County.
He has been restrained from working in San Luis Obispo County yet he continues to solicit business here. He is a thief, a liar and a con man.