Complaint Review: James Sendejas Mobile Automotive

• Submitted: Fri, November 16, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: Concerned Consumer — Thousand Oaks California United States of America
James Sendejas Mobile Automotive
P.O. Box 4514, Westlake Village, CA 91359-1514 Westlake Village, California United States of America

James Sendejas Mobile Automotive Ripoff Mechanic-DO NOT USE THIS PERSON! Westlake Village, California

*Consumer Comment: James Sendejas is not a Rip-Off

I was originally told that James Sendejas Mobile Automotive operated out of a professional automotive facility in Westlake Village. I paid for $1,050.00 total in parts to service my vehicle, and after paying for the parts, James Sendejas was not able to be reached and was not available to do the work on the car for almost 3 weeks.

He finally took the car from my home to work on it on11/9/12, and billed for 5.5 hrs. of labor at $60.00, but did not finish all of
the work that needed to be done.  He then took the car again on 11/12/12, and informed me that the work was completed on the evening of 11/13/12, but told me that he wanted to return the car to me after test driving it the next morning on 11/14/12 at 11am at an office that I work at in Simi Valley.

At 11:30 on 11/14/12 I contacted him to find that the work still had not been completed and that he wanted to keep the car longer. I needed the car to go to another job that I have in Downtown LA, and I told him to pack the car up and put the parts in the car that had not been used and return it to me immediately.  The only way that I got my car back from him on 11/15/12 with the parts was to pay him $240.00 for 4 hours of labor that is unspecified on his invoice.

When I was driven by a friend to get the car, we were informed that James Sendejas does not work out of a professional automotive space, but instead works our of his parent's residential garage located at 1614 Calle De Oro, Thousand Oaks, CA 91361.

This is the location where I picked up my car and the unused parts.  I am taking the car and the parts to my pervious mechanic in the San Fernando Valley on Monday 11/19/12 to have the remaining work completed on the car, so I do not know at this time whether the work that was completed on my car was completed correctly.

I do know that he is operating without a business license in Thousand Oaks, and that he is doing automotive work out of a residential garage that is not zoned for this business activity. I also know that he told me that it was taking so long because he was having to look up on the computer how to do the work.  I have also filed a complaint with the Bureat of Automotive Repair (BAR.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2012 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/James-Sendejas-Mobile-Automotive/Westlake-Village-California-91359-1514/James-Sendejas-Mobile-Automotive-Ripoff-Mechanic-DO-NOT-USE-THIS-PERSON-Westlake-Village-970310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on James Sendejas Mobile Automotive

James Sendejas is not a Rip-Off

AUTHOR: Hodge - (United States of America)

In rebuttal to the complaint that James Sendejas is not the mechanic to use, I strongly disagree.  I have used his services for major repair work on my car and was completely satisified with his work.

James provided me with his business card, which does not say that he has a shop that we works out of, so I find it difficult to believe he would have told anyone that he worked out of a mechanic's shop.  He was always responsive to my calls and questions, provided me with a cost quote for the work that I needed, and kept the work within that cost.

I am so pleased with his work and professional approach that not only will I use his services again but I have recommended him and I will be bringing my mother's car to him when it needs servicing.