Complaint Review: James Thomas

• Submitted: Sun, June 15, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 15, 2008

• Reported By: Minnesota
James Thomas
North East Minneapolis Area, Minnesota U.S.A.
  • Phone: 612-251-4363
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

James Thomas Rude Craigslist seller makes arrangements for sale then suddenly unapologetically cancels at last minute. North East Minneapolis Area Minnesota

On Tuesday, I contacted James Thomas of the North East Minneapolis area in regards to an iMac computer that he had listed on Craigslist. This was an important purchase for me, and over the next 4 days we made arrangements via email for a weekend transaction. The night before my planned 2-hour drive to meet him, he bluntly, unapologetically canceled with a message which read:

"the IMAC is sold--- I sold it tonight--"

I emailed him stating my frustration at his rude behavior but have not heard back. I have since noticed 2 identical listings for this same computer still on Craigslist. This fact, combined with James' odd reluctance to reveal his location prior to our transaction, leads me to question whether he is simply inconsiderate or involved in some sort of scam.

I am relieved that my losses were limited to time and productivity. Perhaps this report might help others to avoid a worse fate.

, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2008 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/James-Thomas/North-East-Minneapolis-Area-Minnesota/James-Thomas-Rude-Craigslist-seller-makes-arrangements-for-sale-then-suddenly-unapologetic-340473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on James Thomas