Complaint Review: Jamesallen.com - James Allen

• Submitted: Sat, July 26, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 05, 2008

• Reported By:chicago Illinois
Jamesallen.com - James Allen
1291 Riverbend Way Frederick, Maryland U.S.A.

Jamesallen.com - James Allen - Clarity Enhanced Diamond, Fraud Fraudulent misrepresentation, consumer protection act violation Frederick Maryland

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal from Company President

I bought a diamond engagement ring from Jamesallen. Two months after I purchased it, i had it appraised and it turned out a Clarity-Enhanced Diamond with fracture filling. It was really disappointing as I had trusted this company. I wanted to return it but I could not because jamesallen said it was too late and they blamed the diamond manufacturer. They even threatened me with their lawyer if I went public with my story.

This is Fraud because they didn't disclose that it was clarity enhanced. Reputable jewelry stores always disclose that treatments were made to the diamonds they sell, but this company is not reputable. A clarity enhanced diamond should not be the same price as a natural one. A lawyer told me what they did was ilegal, fraudulent misrepresentation, breach of warranty, negligent misrepresentation, fraud. What they did was wrong and illegal. I cannot believe they get away with doing this to people. Somebody should investigate them. A total rip off.

Jamesallen is an AWFUL company, and RIPPED ME OFF.

John
chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2008 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jamesallencom-James-Allen/Frederick-Maryland-21701/Jamesallencom-James-Allen-Clarity-Enhanced-Diamond-Fraud-Fraudulent-misrepresentati-356006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jamesallen.com - James Allen

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal from Company President

AUTHOR: James Allen Schultz - (U.S.A.)

Hello. My name is James Schultz and I am the President of JamesAllen.com. I would like to address the comments by 'John in Chicago'. I do not believe that his review is real or that he ever purchased from our company. That being said, I also want to make it clear that we care very much about our customers and will always accept legitimate criticism or feedback that helps us to improve our website or policies.

To clarify a few points:

- JamesAllen.com does not sell, nor have we ever sold Clarity Enhanced Diamonds.
- No person has ever contacted our office and reported receiving a Clarity Enhanced Diamond.
- The accusation that we have threatened any customer with our lawyer is untrue.
- We are an eight year member of the BBB Online with a spotless record.

From our humble roots in 1998 through today, we have always focused on providing exceptional value and service to our customers. We feature over 25,000 diamonds graded by the two most stringent and respected laboratories in the world - the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) and the American Gemological Society (AGS). To learn more about our company, products and services, please visit www.jamesallen.com.

Sincerely,