Complaint Review: Jamie Coleman

• Updated: Thu, January 26, 2012

• Reported By: Lyndi — San Jacinto California United States of America
Jamie Coleman
4129 Main St riverside, California United States of America

Jamie Coleman Phillip K Evans, RapidBK Took no action on modification, would not respond to our inquiries, then disappeared. riverside, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: RE: Rip Off

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: RE: Rip Off

My husband and I sought the help of Phillip K. Evans modification "specialist" Jamie Coleman to assist us in negotiation a modification on our home loan. Our first contact with Ms. Coleman was full of pleasantries and guarantees that she would secure a lower interest rate, lower payments, and possible a reduction in the principal balance owed (as we were $200,000 upside down). We sent her all of the paperwork she requested and followed her instructions to not make any further mortgage payments until the modification was completed. Jamie Coleman never once called or contacted us, weeks would go by and we would have to call her and ask how things were progressing. She continually told us that things were "in the process". After receiving a notice of default from the bank, I called our mortgage holder to ask THEM where we were in the modification process. They informed me that the modification had been DENIED two months prior because our attorney had not submitted all of the correct paperwork. Again I tracked down Ms. Coleman and she said the bank was lying. She asked me to submit all of the required documents again, along with updated bank statements and paycheck stubs - stating that she would update the bank and re-open the modification process.

Again, months went by with me leaving various messages and desperate e-mails for her to contact me. Upon calling the bank again, they stated that they were in no communication with Ms. Coleman, or her firm, and had never received updated documents. After receiving a notice of a trustee sale on our door, I contacted Jamie again, who for the third or fourth time told me the bank was lying - that she had the "modification paperwork" sitting right there in a file on her desk. She said to email her the trustee sale documents and she would clear everything up and get back to me the following day. I did as she asked, waited two days, and finally attempted to contact her. All of her contact numbers are now disconnected, and the websites for her firm Phillip K. Evans are no longer valid links. So now, after months of broken promises and dodging my phone calls, I am left with 7 days to pack my home, figure out where to live, change my childrens' schools, and sort out a huge mess.  PLEASE learn from my family's misfortune, and DO NOT trust Jamie Coleman with your home! She doesn't care, consistently lies, and blames the bank for her errors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2012 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jamie-Coleman/riverside-California-92582/Jamie-Coleman-Phillip-K-Evans-RapidBK-Took-no-action-on-modification-would-not-respond-t-828409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jamie Coleman

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

RE: Rip Off

AUTHOR: j coleman - (United States of America)

I would like to address the complaint that was written, first of all let's understand that I have spoke to you twice. I have never meet you we have only corosponded by phone. You never once requested a meeting with us to discuss your case. A loan modification is never a guarantee it states that in our contract. We were trying to help you. Is it my fault that you stopped making your mortgage payments forcing the bank to foreclose? The reason that loan modifications have the "bad Rap" that they do it because homeowners take advantage of not paying their mortgage while they are in review. It can be conflicting because the bank states that you  need to be 3 months behind or they can't help you, but that is taken from 3 months to years in certain situations. The problem that has arose out of this is you were mistaking my kindness with a guarantee when it is stated over and over that there are no guarantees. I have helped hundereds of people save their home and remain in good standing with their bank and I will not allow you to trash my name because you were not resposnsible enough to take control of your situation. The problem here is not what we did to try and help you, we did what we were hired to do and that was try to work out an option for you with a loan modification with your bank. At the end of the day the bank had the final decision as to wether or not to keep you in your home and modify your payment, We were simply trying to be the communication for you with your bank. I am unsure as to why you feel the need to blame us, we did what we could for you, I am very sorry that it did not work in your favor as many of them happen the same way. Instead of blaming me and saying that it was my fault take responsibility and say that you did not make your mortgage payment and at the end of the day that is why you lost your home. I tried to help you.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

RE: Rip Off

AUTHOR: j coleman - (United States of America)