Complaint Review: Jane C. Farkas

• Submitted: Tue, March 19, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 19, 2013

• Reported By: Ogoh — Richmond California
Jane C. Farkas
999 W. Cutting Blvd., Richmond, CA 94807 Richmond, California United States of America

Jane C. Farkas Jane Designs Locked me out of studio space I was renting from her for no legal reason. Richmond, California

On July 2012 I sublet a small portion of a large studio from Jane Farkas.  The space I sublet from her for my art studio is approximately 250sf.  My rental was $300, which I promptly paid at the beginning of the month in either cash or check.  At the beginning of March 2013 we were to be in Bali at the same time.  She asked that I bring her the rent monies in rupiah, the local currency.  On March 2nd, I fell and broke my leg which ended up needing surgery.  Jane Farkas came to my hotel room and demanded her rent money, which I paid her, and she counted in front of me three times (to make sure I wasn't shorting her).  My condition was serious, and it took me three days to get back to the states for needed surgery.  On March 10th, 2013, I received an email from her that she had changed the locks and locked me out of the studio.  No legal reason was given.  Even though I have a broken leg which has to remain non-weight bearing, I have made several attempts to coordinate to have movers pick up my property which she has not responded to.  Unfortunately, I will have to take legal action to recoup my property intact.  If you do any type of business with this person, make sure that everything is spelled out contractually.  Unfortunately, this individual does not have a strong moral compass and feels that the rules do not apply to her.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jane-C-Farkas/Richmond-California-/Jane-C-Farkas-Jane-Designs-Locked-me-out-of-studio-space-I-was-renting-from-her-for-no-l-1036165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jane C. Farkas