• Report: #691917

• Updated: Wed, March 30, 2011

• Reported By: Scammed — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
Janian And Associates
620 N. Brand Blvd Glendale, California United States of America

Janian And Associates The Law Offices of Janian and Associates Disgraceful Unprofessional Scam Artists Preying On Others Misfortune Glendale, California

*Consumer Suggestion: State Bar

Janian And Associates took my money ($2500.00) with the promise they would return it if they could not put me in a better financial position with my mortgage company.  They not only could not put me in a better financail position, their unethical business practice during my attorney/client relationship is a disgrace to the legal profession and the fact that they are taking advantage of a government funded program designed to help people, by hurting them even more, is a disgrace to our country.  SOMEBODY please stop them.  Below is my copied complaint to the CA Attorney General's Office:

Early 2010, I filled out an online form requesting information about the home loan modification program. Soon after, I was bombarded by phone calls and e-mails from a man by the name of Rich Aronovitch at a company called Janian & Associates.

They claim to be a law firm, but you can never, ever get ahold of the lawyer, Armen Janian, which is the reason I am filing this Consumer Complaint against a Business/Company, in case that is his angle in attempts not to be associated with this leg of the business...but the name of his business clearly indicates he IS associated and the way Rich persuaded me to go with his firm had a lot to do with the fact that he was representing a law firm, with a lawyer who was a member of the CA State Bar Assoc. for X amount of years, who knew the nuances of this modification program and how to get cases approved, who I should trust above anyone with lesser credentials...blah blah blah. From what I understand now, CA companies are prohibited from collecting upfront fees associated with home loan modifications.

Please read all the complaints from the people from whom this 'firm' DID in fact not only collect upfront fees with the promise to refund if they were unable to obtain a modification, but also who do NOT honor their promise to refund. I hired this firm on Feb. 5th of 2010 for $2500.00 with the understanding (and ambiguous contractual agreement) that I would recieve a refund if they were unsuccessful. They were not only unsuccessful once, they were unsuccessful 3 times and I requested a refund in writing and by phone after each of these 3 times.

They misrepresented my income the 1st time, lied to me and told me I had a 30% reduction the second time, and just gave up and went with the denial the 3rd time. After each request for a refund they would just put me off, acting like if I pulled out now, it would all be a waste of time because my file was considered to be 'in review'.

Once I threatened to file formal complaints, I did receive an e-mail from Erica Rodriguez apologizing for the miscommunication and that I would, in fact, receive a full refund. That was October 26th, 2010 and I still haven't received a refund and they won't return my repeated attempts to get a response from them by phone, fax and e-mail. It's like they are thumbing their nose at all the stupid people who came to them for help.

Please look into taking action against this organization, whatever it is. Mr. Janian is a member of your State Bar and you should see to it that he upholds the higher standard that we as consumers should trust to be associated with the legal profession. He has hurt many, MANY people. Again, start with the BBB website and you will have a very good idea of what he has been up to. I have not contacted another agency for assistance, but I will if I need to. I have not contacted an attorney, as I shouldn't have to retain a 2nd attorney to get back $$ that this one fraudulently received and is keeping from me. No court action pending....no lost lawsuit in this matter. I would like a full refund in the amount of $2500 + 1 full year of interest. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2011 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Janian-And-Associates/Glendale-California-91203/Janian-And-Associates-The-Law-Offices-of-Janian-and-Associates-Disgraceful-Unprofessional-691917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Janian And Associates

#1 Consumer Suggestion

State Bar

AUTHOR: Unclelaverne - (United States of America)

You must contact the State Bar and file a complaint.  Their office is in Los Angeles.  Go to their website and print the 1 page form.  I encourage anyone that has to deal with these crooks to do the same.  My investigator has told me there is an ongoing problem with this firm and they are being dealt with.  Please send your complaint is as well so everyone can be heard.  I know they done this to hundreds if not thousands of us.  You will not get your money back from them.  I have gotten as much as "I swear your check is sitting right in front of me just waiting for Armens signature"  "It will be mailed out next week"  That was months ago.  They will not refund your money.  Go to the Bar.