Complaint Review: Janian and Associates

• Submitted: Fri, November 12, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, November 30, 2010

• Reported By: chrisinte — casselberry Florida United States of America
Janian and Associates
1156 North Brand Boulevard Glendale, CA 91202-2582 Internet United States of America

Janian and Associates Michelle Cadwell lack of communication,no return of phone calls, file was constantly switched to different people who knew nothing about my file. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Not Really a Rebuttal, unfortunately more of the same....

I hired Janian and Associates in October of 2009 I am currently still in process of trying to get my loan modified. From the begining of the process I did my research on the company and check with the BBB and checked the attorneys bar number and they had a A rating. To this day they currently have an F rating and hundreds of complaints. My biggest complaint with this company is not returning phone calls, switching from one person to another, constant turnover in the company, never contacting lender as promised, I went through 8 people in this company that were suppose to be working on my file. The first was Hadie and then the next week I was told she was no longer there and after that it was one after another and the last I thought was going to be Michelle Cadwell which I was first told that she would return my call and then it was she's out of the office and then it was she took a leave of absence. So which is it! 13 month's later and I'm still not modified, yes I got my 3 trial payments and made them on time but the company was to follow up and resubmit updated financials,2 recent paystubs and hardship letter. The first response I received from them was a woman by the name of Annilu who sent me an email with the wrong lender name and wrong modification amount that 2 months ago and then I received another email from someone named Jacob who also knew nothing about my file. I've recently made a 4th payment and updated my own financials, pay stubs and hardship letter. I paid this company 2900. to modifiy my loan and I'm having to do all the work myself. There were numerous times the lender stated they never received the information that Janian and Assoc. promised to send and never returned phone calls. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!!! It has been the worst experience ever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2010 03:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Janian-and-Associates/internet/Janian-and-Associates-Michelle-Cadwell-lack-of-communicationno-return-of-phone-calls-fil-661063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Janian and Associates

Not Really a Rebuttal, unfortunately more of the same....

AUTHOR: bmayerle - (USA)

Hello All,

Unfortunately, this is my second report on Janian and I see that things have become significantly worse in the last few months.  I was also taken in by the false promises and assurances that I would be modified, I had a large salary reduction in early 2009 and thought I could get modified.  Sparing you all the gory details, the worst part of my story is that I did get a modification that turned out to be temporary only to succumb to foreclosure in the end.  Janian didn't do anything special I couldn't have done researching on the internet.  Please do not give them any money and do what you can with your situation yourself, the lenders have no reason to modify since it is not in their best financial interest, many are insured for their losses and are better off in the long run to foreclose.  This is especially true in California, a non-judicial state.

Specifically, I responded to this particular post because I too was passed around at Janian and ended up with Michelle Cadwell, who doesn't really know anything.  There are a couple of knowledgeable people at this firm, but unfortunately, by the time you speak to them, it is too late (in my case at least).

Overall, my family and I feel we will be better off in the long run since this housing disaster, I believe, will be around for a long time.  That said, it is especially crucial that any family facing this situation thoroughly analyze their short and long term financial health to make well thought out decisions.

Good luck!