Complaint Review: Jared's

• Updated: Sat, March 02, 2013

• Reported By: Jennifer — United States of America
Lewisville, Texas United States of America

Jared's Deceptive Lewisville, Texas

My husband made the mistake of buying me a ring from Jared's the LeVian Trunk Sale in August.  He was told the only thing that might cause us a problem is that, if I did not like the ring, while I could exchange it, it might depreciate in value.

Today, March 3rd on our 25th Wedding Anniversary, he gave me the ring.  While it was beautiful, the color didn't match my other jewelery - also bought at Jareds.  So we took all the paperwork and tried to exchange it for another ring which actually costs more.  We were told there is was a 30 day return policy.  We explained that we were told that wasn't the case since we had the paperwork stating we could trade in the ring.  NOT TRUE.  While you can trade in jewerly, you have to wait for the next truck show which in our case in in October.  No one ever told us that.  So now I have a ring that I don't want to wear and I have to wait until October to exchange it - along with the fact that when I do exchange it in October I have to spend another $500.00.

Calling their customer service number was a joke.  They are a scripted call center, which means they hire people who can read only - not think and make independent decisions based on fact.  All the person who answered the phone kept saying was, "I'm sorry - I've been here 10 years (speaks mountains about him) and this is our policy."    This was very disappointing and all I can say is once I get rid of this ring, Jared's can count me gone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2013 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jareds/Lewisville-Texas-75067/Jareds-Deceptive-Lewisville-Texas-1022645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jared's