- Report: #1071939
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Jason Ellis
Jason Ellis Americas best trailers Delivered a damaged, poor quality product and told me to basically go screw myself as he would do nothing to make it right. Greenville South Carolina
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I had a very bad experience with Jason Ellis. I ordered a trailer last August (the fiberglass version). My biggest mistake was to pay with cashier checks. The trailer arrived damaged. It took him until November to send me another one! He told me that he didn't have the money to ship it out ($200)??? The second one arrived damaged but I thought I could get some touch up paint from him and just repair it myself. He never sent me any. The way it was prepared for shipment was just set on a pallet with two straps around the entire frame but the trailer was not secured to the pallet. I had him "custom" paint ($500) to match my wing. The following is a list of all my problems that he has not addressed. in fact, he told me that he was done with me and he would not finish our deal:
1) The custom paint is several shades off from the factory color. In fact, it is not even close and in the sunlight you can see the black gel coat underneath. The paint chips very easy and was over sprayed around the lights and inside the box. Very poor preparation with drips around the entire border.
2) The two lids do NOT line up with the box. This was a cheap OOTC reproduction, not made in USA!
3) No serial number anywhere on this trailer, NO MSO sent. He refused to send me ANY paper work to get this registered.
4) It does not track straight and no way I can see to fix this problem.
5) The "special" wheels did not fit on the lugs and I had to drill out the holes.
6) The aluminum box he made did not line up with the holes drilled and it is a very cheap POC. Like someone made it in a first quarter welding class. The cover he sent was torn in 4 places and he could care less.
7) He never sent half of the "extra" things he promised in the add and has told me to go pound sand as he is not finishing our deal.
In conclusion: If you can't go to his shop and inspect for yourself, pull the trailer behind your bike and complete the deal in person, don't even think about doing business with this disartful cheater! Besides, you bought a 20-30K motorcycle and you will be pulling a two-bit POS! I have everything stated above documented with photos and e-mails he sent me. I was going to sue him, send this to the DA, BBB, etc. but it is not worth my time as it was $2,700 and I live several states away.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jason-Ellis/Greenville-South-Carolina/Jason-Ellis-Americas-best-trailers-Delivered-a-damaged-poor-quality-product-and-told-me-1071939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.