Complaint Review: Jason Safford

• Updated: Wed, February 15, 2012

• Reported By: Hal — Rockville Maryland USA
Jason Safford
243-21 Weller Ave. Internet United States of America

Jason Safford Sylvan Douglas Lyn, Jeff Tew, Safflyn Corporation, Chateau Safflyn, Green Leadership Institute Deceptive and Unfair Business Practices, Fraud, Gross Negligence, Dishonest Representations, Nonpayment of Bills, Failure to Execute Contract, Slander, Dafamation of Character, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: CASE SETTLED - INVALID REPORT

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: REPORT INVALID

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Response to Hal Abramson

WARNING: To all promoters, bands, media and contractors in New York State and throughout the US.

Jason Safford and Saflfyn Corp. is grossly negligent, a pathological- malicious liar, cheat and a fraud using deceptive and unfair business practices.

This supposed CEO of Safflyn Corporation comes on smiling and educated when in fact is a lying CON MAN. I can prove this in a court of law. His partner and Safflyn Corp. President Sylvan Lyn aka Sylan Douglas obviously supports this creep and has for many years. This company is extremely dangerous to promoters!

Others are suing them and Safflyn Corporation. This supposed Green Corporation out of a house in Rosedale, NY. 243-21 Weller Ave. Rosedale, NY 11422

On Dec. 10, Safford made a false posting online saying that any outstanding compensation I feel is due me was not discussed or agreed upon any  invoice I submit will be considered fraudulent. This is the way Safford attempts to get out of paying bills, by calling them a fraud

Despite my written warning to Safford to remove this spurious attack on me. he stupidly refuses, will not pay me for a retainer that was clearly agreed to, to reimburse me for approved out-of-pocket monies I paid for his marketing materials, and to then publish lies to justify his own criminal behavior. He  will now pay the price. It will be severe and sustained. He will be exposed for the fraud he is. Its called revealing the truth about this deadbeat and thrief.

The truth is, I am a 55 yr/old major promoter who was contracted by Jason Safford, Safflyn Corp., Gelston Castle Estate and Green leadership Institute to produce music festivals at the Jordanville property. My experience there, from to Tue. Nov. 17 through Sun Dec 6 was an experience founded in misrepresentation and amateurs unqualified to be in business. Safford brought me there under false pretenses and is clearly a liar. I also worked for 2 weeks leading up to my departure on due diligence for Saffords Music festival desires.

The following are verbatim emails from Safford.

On Sept. 16, 2009  I reached out to you because we spent the last two years promoting our own events but we are not in the business of event planning and promotions. I read your book and thought I would reach out and see if there may be an opportunity..

He want on to say: Attached is information on the Green Concert Series we are planning for 2010. This 4 page  amorphous fluffy Powerpoint document with huge pictures stated major tier 1 acts that Safford and Safflyn proposes to present in 2010.

Safford told me that he was soliciting investors for millions of dollars based on this information. This is fraud. He has no ability, money or hope to present any of these major headliners. His operations manager Jee Tew told me they did not have the money for light bulbs

Fri Oct. 30, 2009 I am ready to talk about multi day fests as soon as you are free. My number is (917) 664-6334.

The Retainer is agreed. I will follow up with you tomorrow. Keep in mind what he stated Dec. 10. He then agreed to another agreement emailed to him by Jeff Tew once I was there. So he was sent 2 agreements and ignored both.

Thu Oct 29  I provided Safford with the first simple Agreement to sign.

Sat Oct 31, 2009 Hal - Looks good overall If you do not object, I would like to re-write the contract formally by Safflyn retaining your services as  a consultant under a master contract with a clause for exercising the Event Producer position at a specific time based on a budget target goal?

Mon. Nov. 2  Once we get the contract signed and plan your trip up, Id like to bring you all together to create as strong a team as possible.

Tue. Nov. 3 Contract will be ready by Friday. I will work on BWI tomorrow.  FYI for all trips to the Estate, you will stay onsite at the Mansion.

There was NO contract, NO retainer, he lied and continues to lie about this.

Wed Nov 4  I will look into SW. (Airline ticket)

Fri Nov 6 Jeff Tew writes to Safford.  What is the status about flying him in?

Mon. Nov. 9  I will be taking care of the plane ticket and contract in the next day.

Wed. Nov. 11 Flight will be booked today and other items to be confirmed.

Fri. Nov. 13  FINALLY Going against my better instincts, and after pushing for an agreement, small retainer and airline ticket, after almost 2 weeks of false statement, I was successful in pushing Jeff Tew to secure an airline ticket for me and boarded the plane without my promised agreement or retainer. Safford was clearly a liar and incompetent and I chose to ignore these signals and depart for a land of dysfunction and nothingness. My belief was based on Saffords constant reassurances that I would receive a contract and a retainer and my honesty in serving the client. In fact he later agreed to make me the Event Producer, an employee position.

Fri., Nov. 13  I finally was sent an e-ticket by Safford with no airline or flight numbers listed. This showed a profound negligence for details, not reading or caring what he mails to someone he regards as important.

Once here, I was picked up by Jeff Tew in a dilapidated, unsafe car that he could only back up by opening the door and pushing the car with his foot. I hope you are starting to see the comedy in this F Troop Group of buffoons. Once back at the estate, it was clear that many things were in disrepair indicating acute underfunding. I was right.

So after working there for more than a year, Tew was not earning enough tobuy himself an acceptable automobile and even though he is the Operations Manager of a 330 acre property, Safford doesnt have minimal funds to or the business acuity, or sufficient ethics to procure a used pickup truck for Tew.

Thu. Oct 29  Speaking about the land where festivals would be staged; The field fits about 150,000 its about 60 acres total.

Safford lied again. The field is no bigger than 15 acres and at outside estimates, and with infrastructure cannot hold more than 15,000 people. This one statement is another example of his sloppy, unprofessional misrepresentation of the facts in order to overinflate their assets. Its another example of his fraudulent and irresponsible behavior

Thu. Nov. After weeks of hard work at no pay, planning a music festival, speaking to contractors, media and  developing a cost and revenue sheet, sponsor proposals, performing due diligence, taking measurement conducting meetings and dealing with Chateau Safflyns laughable, inept planning committee and after requesting a professionally made, site plan, logo and letter from the County approving a first music festival, Jeff Tew gave me the approval if I paid pay for a logo and site diagram.

I was never reimbursed for these materials and therefore refused to turn them over to Safford until I was paid for the materials and paid my small retained. He never paid either, then lied on RipOffReport saying he never agreed to it. Safford and Tew also refuse to send back or pay for an expensive Sponsorship

Safford and Safflyn Corp. are being sued by other parties for bills incurred and not paid. Safford has a track record of making promises to contractors and then not paying them.

While at their property, I learned of dozens of examples of Tew, Saffords and the estates gross incompetence. No one at the estate is qualified to plan, promote or produce and festivals of any kind. They are dangerous people placing the county in great liability. There is no competent management in their entire organization.

My experience is that Jasons way of taking care of things is to do nothing, delay it to the point of confusion or pass it off on Jeff Tew who has no assets. My opinion as a professional consultant is that Safford is an extremely poor leader not fit to manage any organization. He ignores serious issues and lies to escape paying bills agreed to.

I do not see that any of these organizations have any reasonable cash assets of any kind. Jason and Jeff appear to be broke. Their green movement is a joke. I do not see anything that their Green Leadership Institute is doing. There are no seminars, qualified leaders, classes, programs or members at the estate which is where this paper organization is supposed to be located.

I believe that Jason Saffords proposals to government and prospective investors for money to develop green jobs is a smoke screen and full of BS. They need money bad and are using their green movement as a scam to secure it. I see no proof that they have any movement of any kind anywhere in operation. I dont even see a proper recycling program at the estate. They dispose of their trash as trash in trash bags.

I intend to bring legal action against Jason Safford and his associated organizations for defamation, breach of contract, misrepresentation, nonpayment and other charges. Be forewarned, this is not a legitimate operator, and based on my experience and in speaking to other companies, you are liked to get burned. Additionally, Saffords intent to maliciously defame my name and honest character is reprehensible. I entered into an agreement and came there to give my considerable resources and abilities to present great music festivals. Now everyone involved loses. This is all brought on by Jason Safford.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2010 06:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jason-Safford/internet/Jason-Safford-Sylvan-Douglas-Lyn-Jeff-Tew-Safflyn-Corporation-Chateau-Safflyn-Green-Le-569329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jason Safford

CASE SETTLED - INVALID REPORT

AUTHOR: Legal Advisor - (United States of America)

Letter signed by both parties stating that the matter is settled and requesting the EDITOR remove the report can be viewed at

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

REPORT INVALID

AUTHOR: Resolution - (United States of America)

THIS REPORT IS NO LONGER VALID. BOTH PARTIES HAVE SETTLED THEIR DISPUTE AMICABLY AND HAVE ASKED THE EDITOR OF RIPOFF REPORT TO TAKE DOWN THEIR POSTINGS. THE ATTACHED FILE IS A LETTER SIGNED BY BOTH PARTIES FOR THIS REQUEST.

================ FROM RIPOFF REPORT =============

When the author of a Report asks Rip-off Report to remove their posting, this is our email response.

Here is the short version as to why we have always had a uniform policy to not remove a Rip-off Report.....

"Our policy never to remove any report protects consumers. It doesn't do any good for a company to harass the consumer who posted a report -- we never take the report down. If businesses thought they could get reports removed by putting pressure on consumers, some of them would just put heavy pressure on the consumer through lawsuits or harassment. But, suing or harassing the consumer won't do any good, because it won't change the report. Because we never remove reports and we do encourage updates, the best thing a business can do is work things out with the consumer, make the consumer happy, and post updates showing how they used good customer service to solve the problem. In this way, the business has a unique opportunity to show it has good customer service while the consumer is protected from threatening behavior." Many businesses come back to us after cursing at us and telling us how mad at us they were, .. they now tell us how the once negative Report now gets them new found business. Most consumers do want to see how a business took care of business. After all, none of us can ever satisfy everyone all of the time. All business will make mistakes ending up with complaints, ..how those businesses handle those complaints is what separates good businesses from bad businesses. EM

But If you lied about the company and now want to remove the complaint.. well then, youll just have to fess up and state why you lied. Or, you can just lie that you told a lie.? But, then, think about what kind of person you are now becoming. If what you said is true, think about all the others that may fall into the same ripoff you did.. ? .. if they are threatening you with harm or harassment .. try to get them on tape and take it to the police. NOTE: do check with your state laws about recording someone. You want to make sure you are a 1 party state before recording someone. This means only one person (you) needs to know about the recording. BUT, if you are a 2 party state where both parties must know about the recording, it might be OK to record someone, the rule may not apply if you are being threatened with harm or if they are blackmailing you... check with your local police department to be sure.

THE LONG VERSION IS BELOW WHY WE NEVER REMOVE A RIP-OFF REPORT

Your request for us to remove a Rip-off Report has to be denied.

What about other potential victims that would not be able to see and to learn from your experience. - - so they would know how to deal with the reported business in the future . If everyone was able to remove their report there would be no warning to consumers! There would be no way for consumers to educate each other.. this is what the Internet is all about. This is the 21st century, the information age..

Do you remember checking the box below before filing your Rip-off Report? .. YOU, the author, had to check this box or the Report would not go through. Here is what you agreed to just before you clicked the "Submit Your Report" button -- NOTE: the box is NOT pre-checked, you must check it before the Report will submit.
====================
[ ] By posting this report/rebuttal, I attest that this report is valid and I understand and agree that my submission and use of this website is subject to the site's Terms of Service (above). I am giving Ripoff Report irrevocable rights to post it on this web site. I acknowledge that once I post my report, it will not be removed, even at my request. Of course, I can always update my report to reflect new developments by clicking on UPDATE. Further, I agree that by posting this report/rebuttal that the State of Arizona has exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes between me and the operators of Ripoff Report arising out of this posting. ======================
Educating each other is what this is all about. Consumers need to make their own informed decisions based on your experience and those of others.

We do not want consumers ever to use these Reports as blackmail. This is another reason why we will NOT EVER remove a Rip-off Report. Better for consumers to see how a business took care of business, turning the negative into a positive - -

ALL BUSINESSES WILL GET COMPLAINTS ..HOW A BUSINESS TAKES CARE OF THOSE COMPLAINTS SEPARATES GOOD BUSINESSES FROM BAD BUSINESSES. THIS IS THE BEST PLACE FOR THEM TO SHOW HOW THEY TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS..

Because of your Report you got (maybe) what was coming to you after maybe being screwed or just jerked around, right? Or are they still refusing to make things right? Now they want you to remove it and they will make things right and they will not sue you, ..ONLY if you get this Report removed?! Or, are they threatening you with a lawsuit? If you dont get the report removed, they will sue you?

UNFORTUNATELY SOME COMPANIES ARE SO PIG-HEADED THEY DON'T REALIZE THAT BY SATISFYING YOU FIRST AND THEN BY YOUR COMING BACK TO UPDATE YOUR REPORT SHOWING HOW THEY TOOK CARE OF YOU, MAYBE STATING THAT THEY DID NOT REALIZE THEY MADE A MISTAKE OR, MAYBE IN THE NAME OF GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY MADE THINGS RIGHT BY YOU.. THIS WILL MAKE CONSUMERS FEEL GOOD ABOUT THAT BUSINESS WHEN THEY RUN ACROSS YOUR REPORT ... WHO DOESN'T WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY OR INDIVIDUAL WHO CAN ADMIT MAYBE THEY MADE A MISTAKE AND HOW THEY MADE THINGS RIGHT FOR THE CUSTOMER?!! Reported businesses tell us all the time, they are glad we did not take down the Report about them, that the Report gets them new found business!

ALL COMPANIES / INDIVIDUALS WILL MAKE MISTAKES - - EVERYONE KNOWS THAT - - HOW THOSE BUSINESSES TAKE CARE OF THOSE MISTAKES IS WHAT SEPRATES GOOG BUSINESSES FROM BAD BUSINESSES.

AND CONSUMERS TODAY WANT TO SEE A 3rd PARTY OPINION. THIS WILL ONLY WORK IN THEIR FAVOR AS A PERMANENT POSITIVE ADVERTISEMENT FOREVER GREAT ADVERTISING THEY EVER HAD SAY MANY REPORTED BUSINESSES, AND IT'S FREE.

You need to let the business know that you can UPDATE your report in a positive way if they rectify your situation amicably you will let others know what a great business they really are, and how they made things right after realizing they made a mistake with you. You can show this by posting the positive things they did as an UPDATE to the Report you filed, turning the negative into a positive.

It never fails, since 1998 we have found that any time the consumer or the reported business comes back and files a positive rebuttal explaining their side, admitting what they might have done wrong and or how they took care of the customer in the name of good customer service, .. we have found, every time a response like that will always get the reported business NEW FOUND BUSINESS..

Who would not want to do business with a company that knows how to admit they made a mistake and to show how well they took care of the unsatisfied customer. This is common sense, this is the right thing to do and the only way to handle this. Only a business who is wrong will disagree - This is simple business practice 101.. Free and good advise especially in the New Millennium.

Whenever a business is threatening a lawsuit, remind them that any lawsuit they file today is public info and more than likely that will end up on the internet and they won't be able to do anything to anyone about that public information once the lawsuit is filed it will pop-up on search engines. These lawsuits now pop up once someone Googles their name. That will only get them more bad publicity.

THIS IS THE 21st CENTURY - CONSUMERS NOW HAVE A VOICE - IT'S NOT ONLY BUYER BEWARE, ..IT'S NOW "SELLER BEWARE" too...

The Internet is a reality of today's business world. What we all do, good or bad, is quickly and easily searchable. Those who are reported can fight, kick and scream all they want, ..this stuff is not going away, unless that is, Al Gore stops the Internet. :-)

Read more below about our philosophy ...

Rip-off Report has no way of determining whether you or the reported business is telling the truth. We encourage you to post a rebuttal/UPDATE to your report explaining your change of heart, or have the owner of the business tell their side of the story, but we have a uniform policy against removing stories posted by consumers. Remember what it says just before you clicked on Submit Your Report, there is a box that YOU MUST CHECK if you want the Report to go thru. This copy says the following, and should answer your question as to why you cannot ever remove a Rip-off Report - because you agreed to it. It states the following - (I acknowledge that once I post my report, it will not be removed, even at my request. Of course, I can always update my report to reflect new developments by clicking on UPDATE.

If we remove a Rip-off Report, we would be no better than the BBB. Although we can not remove reports, we do provide and UPDATE feature that allows you supply additional positive or negative information regarding your situation.

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND OUR PHILOSOPHY:

If Rip-off Report removed a Report every time a business threatened, consumers would have no history on how the business took care of past problems. This Report on the business or individual can work as a positive or as a promotional tool if they respond properly and do the right thing by taking care of you, their customer. Consumers will see this and will want to do business with them in-spit-of what has been written about them ...

That is why we supply a REBUTTAL feature so that the company reported has a chance to respond by agreeing, disagreeing, or apologizing and explaining their reasoning. It is called a public forum and it is one of the foundations of our country!

By allowing consumers to view the original report, updates and rebuttals, consumers will be able to make informed and educated decisions. This is mainly because consumers will be able to see how the company in question deals with complaints. Consumers love to do business with a company that can admit they made a mistake (or, in the alternative, can intelligently explain why they are not going to correct the situation).

Regardless, we have always had a uniform police to not remove Rip-off Reports.. We have been offered as much as $50,000 to remove just one Rip-off Report, but we declined! because doing so is in violation of our policy, and more importantly, it goes against what we what we stand for. Please understand our position. If anyone ever told you that we do remove Reports, its a big lie that is spread by those companies that hate us.

Remember, all businesses will get complaints. ALL! ...How those businesses take care of those complaints separates good businesses from bad businesses.

Please tell the Reported business they can file a rebuttal, telling the truth how the the business has rectified the problem and how they treated you. This is best if it is truthful and pleasant, hopefully they can show support of this forum and freedom of speech. Also, tell what the situation was at the time the Report was posted (even if its a long time a ago!) and how they made improvements to their company And posting a Rebuttal is free! Let them know they can turn that negative into a positive!

Businesses that once threatened to sue over negative Reports and have remedied the problem and posted updates tell us that Consumers are finding their businesses who would have never found them if the Rip-off Report had never occurred -- thanks to the search engines. If the complaints is handled correctly, the originally negative Report about their company can become a permanent positive advertisement! Lawsuits will linger forever and only cause more bad publicity.

And, if the business is still being pig-headed and thinking of suing us they need to read this ... http://www.ripoffreport.com/wantToSueRipoffReport.asp

ED Magedson Founder
[email protected]
www.ripoffreport.com
a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
..by consumers, for consumers

Ripoff Report Verified
PO BOX 310, Tempe, AZ 85280
602-359-4357 ..when selection starts, press 5 then, two seconds later press 1 .. say who you are.

Remember,
Don't let them get away with it!
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response to Hal Abramson

AUTHOR: J Safford - (United States of America)

Mr. Hal Abramson has chosen to file this report in response to report 8584f filed on December 11, 2009 by Jason Safford and Safflyn Corporation.

Since the original filing, a background investigation on Mr. Abramson have determined that several other property owners have been lured by Mr. Abramson in similar dealings to trust him as a promoter. None of the property owners have had favorable things to say about Mr. Abramson.

Due to Mr. Abramson's decision to further attempt to libel and slander, we are forced to repost the original notice sent to Mr. Abramson on December 11, 2009.

We do acknowledge that Mr. Abramson was invited to the property and he did accept the offer. We further acknowledge that compensation was to be provided for his assessment of our operation and training of our staff. Mr. Abramson failed in this regard.

We will honor the remainder of the sum of one thousand dollars claimed by Mr. Abramson, not because he fulfilled his duties or honored his commitment, but because he is a nuisance and to leave his claim outstanding will only further annoy our operations.

Original Report:

I invited Mr. Abramson to evaluate our venue to determine if it was viable for country music festival. I paid for his plane ticket, gave him $100 good faith and provided him room, phone/internet service, access to staff and volunteer resources. The following letter outlines my formal complaint.

Dear Mr. Abramson:

This letter is to acknowledge that you willingly accept that you have rescinded your negotiations with Safflyn Corporation to engage in any business with Safflyn or its subsidiaries. Furthermore, by rescinding your negotiation and leaving before the agreed time, you acknowledge and accept that you additionally rescind your right to any compensation formally agreed upon. As for any outstanding compensation that you may feel your are entitled to invoice, this was not discussed or agreed upon either verbally or in writing. We do not accept any such invoice. Any invoice rendered by you or on behalf of any agency you engage will be considered fraudulent and without merit. It was understood that your time at Gelston Castle Estate was by privilege of invitation from the owners of the Estate to evaluate and determine the production value of a Country Festival. Once you determined the production was possible, negotiations were to commence between you and the Property Manager, Mr. Jeffrey Tew. At no time was any contract or agreement formally presented. Mr. Tew confirms that you appropriated space and resources without authorization to begin work on   a festival that you agreed did not yet exist. Mr. Tew confirms that you understood explicitly that your invitation to the Estate was at the expense of the owners. It is understood that your disregard for company property, staff and resources and genuine hospitality is expressed through the trivial nature of your actions and letters of record. We are disappointed by your actions toward our staff and resources. Your response to our hospitality was less than acceptable and no business will be conducted due to such behavior. Please be on notice that it has been confirmed by Mr. Jeffrey Tew and several witnesses that your actions led to your removal from the property. Know that it has been confirmed by Mr. Tew that you accessed without permission a company laptop and tampered with emails and personal documents of Mr. Tew. A formal investigation with local authorities will be pursued.   It has also been recorded that you emailed several people including Mr. Tew of your intentions to slander and libel. This is a criminal offense, should you proceed. It is regrettable this letter must be sent.