Complaint Review: Jasper engines and transmissions

• Updated: Fri, July 20, 2012

• Reported By: James — Sultan Washington United States of America
Jasper engines and transmissions
815 Wensing Rd. Jasper, Indiana Jasper, Indiana United States of America

Jasper engines and transmissions Jasper remanufactured engines, I purchase a 6.2L diesel long block rod #3 broke in two. Jasper, Indiana

I purchase a 6.2L diesel engine and transmission re manufactured long block from Jasper engines and transmissions. My vehicle is a H1 Hummer 1993.  Engine was installed by one of Jasper's engine installers I prepare not to name the shop due they had no hand on the diesel engine failure.  Engine failed at 5,000 miles outside of the warranty due to time frame. Jasper's engine rod #3 fastener failed and broke the rod in half on the freeway at 60MPH. Also found were 3 injectors only hand tighten.  No.4 piston had embedded on top of it a small foreign material that did not cause any damage nor failure except the pitting of the aluminum piston crown nevertheless  a bad quality control.   I want to mention that during the completion of the engine installation I was in the installer shop for the initial start up and the shop can not start the diesel eng. after half a day of running batteries down and numerous phoncon with Jasper they admitted that the fuel pump was of the wrong kind.  Now, how in the world did this engine pass the dyno test stand?  I believe that we the customers are being misled on all their advertisements. I know for sure that I will never buy any Jasper engines again and neither will  my friends. I am not asking for anything here but letting everyone know that Jasper is false as per write up in their web sight.   Beware car enthusiasts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jasper-engines-and-transmissions/Jasper-Indiana-/Jasper-engines-and-transmissions-Jasper-remanufactured-engines-I-purchase-a-62L-diesel-915036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jasper engines and transmissions