Complaint Review: Jay Stevens Auto Advantage

• Submitted: Tue, July 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 22, 2008

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Jay Stevens Auto Advantage
3002 Madison Ave Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Jay Stevens Auto Advantage Put down double the required money down, Had trouble with Ez Financing, Motor Blew After they worked on it. Indianapolis Indiana

I decided to make a newer car purchase and had $2500 to put down, they put me in a Trailblazer while my application was being processed over the weekend. It had high milage and oil sludge and made a ticking noise, they then put me in a newer trailblazer, not too much wrong with it, but a whine which turned out to be a powersteering pump going out.

They then decided to put me in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I drove ok on the test drive despite the dry rott on the tires they tried to cover up, and the oil pressure problem they tried to cover up by saying it was the guage reading wrong.

I was on my way with another guy from that dealership to sign paperwork, and was taken to thier other dealership when I noticed that it was dropping oil pressure to where the guage said there wasnt any and it started ticking and occasionally blew light smoke.

I called them and they said they would take care of it the next day AFTER I sign the paperwork.

I take it in and they replace the Main and rod bearings, as well as oil pump. Im mechanically inclined and I wonder how they replaced them without removing the motor with them so damaged. Still no oil pressure, and they replaced the sending unit. Still no oil pressure, and they give it back saying its the guage.

I go to the junkyard and get 2 clusters, they read just what the original said. I even go out and get a $70 Autometer Aftermarker oil pressure guage that had its own oil pressure sending unit. READS LOW PRESSURE!!!

I ended up loseing my job over this because I didnt have a reliable way to work, and kept having to wait for them to pick it up.

They now have it once again, Only 3000 miles in the 5 months ive had it!!!!!!

I kept super care if it when I had it too!!!!
I changed the oil 2 times since they reused the old filter just to get all the dirty oil out.

K&n filter
Installed a thermostat because there wasnt one in it causeing it to over cool causing a check engine light.

Belt
Plugs and boots
Tranny filter and Fluid
Transfer Case Fluid
Diff Fluid
Brakes
Full Detail.

I even got my Catalytic Converter Stolen from the back of thier lot after they claimed they fixed it the first time.

Navy1135
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2008 08:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jay-Stevens-Auto-Advantage/Indianapolis-Indiana-46227/Jay-Stevens-Auto-Advantage-Put-down-double-the-required-money-down-Had-trouble-with-Ez-Fi-354446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jay Stevens Auto Advantage