Complaint Review: Jeff Davidson & Coral Resorts Hilton Head SC

• Updated: Fri, June 22, 2012

• Reported By: Kay — Martin Georgia USA
Jeff Davidson & Coral Resorts Hilton Head SC
1012 Hwy 278, Hilton Head, SC 29928 Internet United States of America

Jeff Davidson & Coral Resorts Hilton Head SC Rob Lauderman Verification Officer FRAUD!! LIES!!! SCAMSTERS!!! BEWARE!!! DO NOT BUY FROM CORAL RESORTS!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Update

*Consumer Comment: Finding out what you already know

*Consumer Comment: You are not alone

Boy were we fooled by Jeff Davidson and Coral Resorts Thanksgiving 2010.  We toured and talked and I told him I was not interested in buying because I already had TWO timeshares.  He wanted to know where my timeshares were.  Then he said that they would take the Ellington-Festiva Resort timeshare if I would purchase from them.  They said that I would still have to make payments for 6 months and if my timeshare had not sold within those 6 months that they would "eat" the loss and buy it themselves.

Well, it has been 6 months!  Festiva is wanting their June payment.  I called Coral Resorts multiple times before leaving a message for them to call me.  When he did call me and I explained the situation he put me on hold while he went to retrieve my file.  He asked me if we had READ the paperwork because in the paperwork it states that they the seller has no resale program, but that they had put my Festiva resort for sale through another company, but that they never guaranteed that it would sell.

We were also told that we would be able to use this every year at anytime and showed us ways that we could have FIVE weeks of vacation through them.

It all makes sense now.  They are slick as oil.  They got our signatures and told us that we would have to come back to pick up the paperwork.  When we did go back he gave us our bag with our books inside and showed them to us again.  Walked us to the car and then said "Oh, I almost forgot to give you your  paperwork".

Now I have really been looking at this paperwork!  Yep, it says that we got a BRONZE (I have a RED at Festiva- well actually I still have it don't I?)  It also states Every THIRD year Usage!!!  No wonder you pay such a LOW maintenance fee every year!

In about 4 weeks I will be going there and I will be loud talking to Mr Jeff Davidson.  They won't be getting any sales that day.  I will also take my recorder!

All Coral Resort owners need to band together and get a class action lawsuit against this company!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2011 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeff-Davidson-Coral-Resorts-Hilton-Head-SC/internet/Jeff-Davidson-Coral-Resorts-Hilton-Head-SC-Rob-Lauderman-Verification-Officer-FRAUD-L-748067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jeff Davidson & Coral Resorts Hilton Head SC

Update

AUTHOR: powercatfan - (United States of America)

Update regarding Coral Resorts, we have spoken directly with Coral Resorts LLC and they have handled all issues to our satisfaction, we have no further issues with Coral Resorts.

Finding out what you already know

AUTHOR: powercatfan - (United States of America)

We purchased a time share through Coral Resorts back in April 2012.  We have vacationed several years in Hilton Head are were so excited about the ability to continue to vacation there every year with out the hassle of finding a place to stay.  I wish we knew we were going from the frying pan to the fire.  Over the last two days we have discovered most everything others have written.

Our first payment comes out in 16 days and I am going to do everything in my power to correct our mistake, silly me for thinking that Coral Resorts was an upstanding business with honest employees! Like most people these days, we are financially strapped and put the money we would of used for our vacation toward our down-payment thinking we would be able to reserve our condo 30 days out with no problem, this per our sales person Julie Stefan who assured us, even showed us the available condo for the month of July.  What a joke!!

I feel like such a sucker because we just didnt know.  We have family members who have time shares and have had absolutely no problems but we are finding out the hard way (and expensive way) that Coral Resorts should not be trusted.

I wanted to know what action you have taken or if you can give me any information.  I have contacted others who have recently experienced these same issues and would like to put something together.

Thank you for your help!

You are not alone

AUTHOR: mrjlturner - (United States of America)

I have a similar story, but was taken while on vacation in Hilton Head.  I can tell you that the SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (Office of Investigation and Enforcement) has secured a lawyer and is currently investigating these sales practices and customer complaints thoroughly.  I spoke with their office today and am currently building my formal complaint to submit.  I would encourage you to visit their website and do the same!  They can be reached at
(803)896-4470