Complaint Review: Jeff Hahn Marine Surveyor

• Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By: westsea — Carlton Washington United States of America
Jeff Hahn Marine Surveyor
Jensen Beach, Florida United States of America

Jeff Hahn Marine Surveyor Totally missed huge obvious moisture issue in the boat! Jensen Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: My Experience with Jeff Hahn Surveyor

Jeff Hahn did a survey of a sailboat we were buying.  He was professional on the phone, but when he came out he seemed like he was in a big hurry.  All he did was take photos of everything on the boat and write 'appears servicable' in the report.

There was a HUGE water leakage problem in the boat that he totally missed.  He said he uses infrared imaging technology to measure the moisture in the boat, supposedly this is better than the traditional moisture meter, but it obviously didn't work AT ALL.  We have had to make up to $10,000 worth of repairs to the boat, which we could have negotiated the price down if we had known about it, but thanks to Jeff we thought we were buying a boat in good condition.

Since realizing this, I have searched for other reviews of his work and have found other complaints.  I am considering filing a lawsuit, as it is a large, obvious problem that he completely missed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2012 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jeff-Hahn-Marine-Surveyor/Jensen-Beach-Florida-34957/Jeff-Hahn-Marine-Surveyor-Totally-missed-huge-obvious-moisture-issue-in-the-boat-Jensen-982449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jeff Hahn Marine Surveyor

My Experience with Jeff Hahn Surveyor

AUTHOR: Bertram 50 - (USA)

Before using Jeff Hahn I had read the negative review on this site. I realized his company had done thousands of surveys and that a bad review had to be taken with a grain of salt. I also called other people in the industry to get other references and they were all strong. I am ultimately responsible for the boat I purchase and a survey is simply an aid or a guide. I will have to say that from my experience his work was absolutely outstanding. He went above and beyond to take care of me and always took my phone calls and provided me with many recourses for problems he found with the boat that I purchased. I did not expect perfection out of him or any surveyor for that matter but he has been d**n close to it. I do not just recommended this man but highly recommend him.

Find me any incredible doctor who has had no bad outcomes? Or a patient that was not happy. There is NO such thing. The same goes with any marine surveyor who has done any number of boats. I hope this above comment helps and good luck with your boat purchase. The 42ft Bertram that I purchased was called the SS HARRIS and that name will be changed soon. I am not a representative of his company and have zero affiliation with him besides as a customer.