Complaint Review: Jefferson Capital - Fingerhut

• Submitted: Thu, June 09, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, June 09, 2005

• Reported By:jersey city New Jersey
Jefferson Capital - Fingerhut
Po Box 7999 Saint Claude, Minnesota U.S.A.

Jefferson Capital - FingerHut - Jeff Cap Sys ripoff Second time Saint Claude Minnesota

Last year (2004) around this same time I discovered that my identity was being used by someone else; they had been doing so since 1999!! One of the fraudulent accounts that appeared on my credit was Finger Hut, with a collection company named Jeff Cap Sys. It took me about 3 months to finally fight everything off my credit. I had to make police reports, hire a detective, get my ID's notarized etc.

It was very difficut trying to contact anyone from FingerHut, and impossible to contact Jefferson Capital. After about the 6th letter I wrote, someone finally called me back. I sent copies of my notarized ID's and approximately one month later I received a positive response. I was confirmed that the account did not belong to me. I contacted the credit bureau and had it removed.

I now pulled my credit because I want to purchase a home. To my surprise this fingerhut account is back on my credit!!! I am so fed up with this...this is insane! Of course, now I can't reach anyone!

I am highly upset and am willing to take any necessary actions against these people (Jefferson Capital Sys & Fingerhut). If anyone wishes to join there forces with me to bring them down, please feel free to contact me.

jersey city, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2005 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jefferson-Capital-Fingerhut/Saint-Claude-Minnesota/Jefferson-Capital-FingerHut-Jeff-Cap-Sys-ripoff-Second-time-Saint-Claude-Minnesota-145572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jefferson Capital - Fingerhut