Complaint Review: Jefferson Capital, Fingerhut

• Submitted: Mon, June 06, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, June 06, 2005

• Reported By:Willow Grove Pennsylvania
Jefferson Capital, Fingerhut
16 Mclean Road St Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Jefferson Capital, RJM Aquisitions, Fingerhut ripoff dishonest credit reporting St Cloud Minnesota

My husband and I had an account with Fingerhut about 10 years ago and we had paid them off and were done with them, we thought.

About two years ago we purchased our house, we were informed that there was a negative amount for $75.00 with a RJM Aquisitions. We never heard of them, but we called and they told us it was Fingerhut.

I thought this was odd we had paid them off, never got a phone call about it or letter. After several phone calls and trying to find canceled checks from almost 10 years ago and also trying to buy my house was not fun.

Anyway finally the man at RJM agrees to settle for $35.00 we agreed, we just wanted it over. Again thats what we thought.

Now two years have past we have the letter from RJM saying Fingerhut is paid off. We went to refinance, now we have 3 negative entries on our report from Fingerhut and Jefferson Capital.

Now they have different account numbers and now it says the amount owed is $141.00 for one and $140.00 for the other.

We tried to call the number we had for RJM to find out what was going on and the person that answered said that they were no longer there.

Of course our new mortgage company issued a check to Fingerhut, even with all of this, they told us as long as it was on our credit there wasn't a whole lot they could do.

I know that between the two amounts it really dosen't seem that bad but what scares me is what if they keep doing this where will it stop. They shouldn't be allowed to do this to people.

I really don't understand how this can happen,
My husband and I would glady join any class action brought against them

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2005 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jefferson-Capital-Fingerhut/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56303/Jefferson-Capital-RJM-Aquisitions-Fingerhut-ripoff-dishonest-credit-reporting-St-Cloud-M-145214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jefferson Capital, Fingerhut