Complaint Review: Jefferson Capital System

• Submitted: Fri, January 30, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 01, 2009

• Reported By:Topeka Kansas
Jefferson Capital System
18 McLeland Road St. Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Jefferson Capital System Where did these people come from??? St Cloud Minnesota

*Consumer Suggestion: DV with CMRRR several times. Then Sue in Claims Court. We did.

I just pulled my credit report for the year, and guess what?? Jefferson Capital System was on there as holding a bad debt for a now defunct company. Since the origional credit holder is now bankrupt, I can not access proper records of this account. To my knowledge, the account was closed at my request and paid in full (the origional account holder is Rewards660 Meta Bank). The credit report states they acquired the account in 10/08, however I have not received any communication from Meta Bank, nor Jefferson Capital System regarding this supposed $659 debt (the credit limit on the card was $300). Any advice and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lori
Topeka, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2009 05:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jefferson-Capital-System/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56303/Jefferson-Capital-System-Where-did-these-people-come-from-St-Cloud-Minnesota-418332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jefferson Capital System

#1 Consumer Suggestion

DV with CMRRR several times. Then Sue in Claims Court. We did.

AUTHOR: Wyoguy - (U.S.A.)

We dispute validated this company and they ignored us 3 times over a 120 day period. The letters were dated and sent certified registered mail with return receipt. The final and 4th letter was an intent to sue letter, followed by a delivered claim court summons to their address. They deleted from his Equifax CRA today. Still waiting on the others. We are still sueing though. Numerous FCRA and FDCPA violations for $5000 on an alleged $849 debt. Don't let these companies think that they can win. We are currently going federal for an additional $10,000 from this company. Collection companies think that they can insert without validating and by violation consumer protection laws enforced by the FTC, business laws enfoced by the BBB and the attorney generals of both states (MN and WY) and the United States Supreme Court ruling to protect consumers against predatory collection and consumer protection. I have made it a career path (secondarily) to make money off of collection companies to finance our future. They try it with us, so now we answer back. I am working with a "team" of bulldog attorneys now to bankrupt another collection agency and shut their business dorrs for good. Let me know if you would like assistance. :-)