Complaint Review: Jefferson Capital Systems - Emerge Mastercard

• Submitted: Tue, February 07, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, February 07, 2006

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Jefferson Capital Systems - Emerge Mastercard
16 McLeland Road Saint Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Jefferson Capital Systems - Emerge Mastercard Ripoff, FCRA violations, does not respond to demand or debt validation letters Saint Cloud Minnesota

Jefferson Capital began reporting negative information about me over a year ago to all three agencies. I have never received a letter or phone call from them demanding payment. I contacted them right away via letter (since I could not locate a valid phone number).

On my credit reports it said it was a medical debt. I have always had insurance and have never been treated out of network. I sent them a debt validation letter. Then, on my credit report the debt was changed to a credit card debt. I notified Jefferson Capital that I never owned the credit card (Emerge Mastercard) and requested they validate the debt. They never did.

I disputed the item with Equifax and TransUnion but Experian refused to remove the item. Jefferson Capital has since sold their asset portfolio to Encore Capital Systems (aka MCM in San Diego). I have cleared up the matter with MCM but I still have a $3,779 debt on my Experian report from Jefferson Capital.

I have sent them two more letters and still nothing. They break the law right and left and simply don't care. I am sending a letter directly to the manager listed on their Better Business Bureau page, David Burton.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the FTC. I urge everyone to do the same. You don't have to sit back and let them ruin your credit. If you do not succeed, TAKE THEM TO COURT. I plan to. I have hired a lawyer and have all of my certified mail receipts and the letters I sent them. FIGHT BACK!

Amy
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2006 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jefferson-Capital-Systems-Emerge-Mastercard/Saint-Cloud-Minnesota-56303/Jefferson-Capital-Systems-Emerge-Mastercard-Ripoff-FCRA-violations-does-not-respond-to-175186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jefferson Capital Systems - Emerge Mastercard